GOAT discussion is stupid. Which fighter would kick everyone else's ass?

Lando

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The GOAT thing is too subjective. A better discussion would be who the BEST fighter is, I don't think anyone gets by without any losses but I think it's easier to narrow down.

I love Fedor, but I think there are a few guys he would have trouble with such as Cain, DC and Jones. Cain's loss against Werdum was pretty convincing, and I don't think he would get past Ubereem either. Stipe lost to JDS and I think prime Cain would grind him out too.

Personally think it's prime JDS, with Jones or Stipe as a close second. I think JDS lights up everyone in history but loses more often than not to Cain in the manner we saw.

Who do you guys think it should be?

Jon Jones is the P4P GOAT and would kick everyone's ass except maybe prime Fedor. 50-50 fight imo

So I guess Fedor and Jones are the dual GOATs

Let Bones dope freely and add some further size and I'd probably go with him.
onceandfuture.jpg

Last edited:
Jon Jones is the P4P GOAT and would kick everyone's ass except maybe prime Fedor. 50-50 fight imo

So I guess Fedor and Jones are the dual GOATs
Im not a fedor fan at all, but i have to agree. Jon beats them all. Fedor beats them all except jon

Im not a fedor fan at all, but i have to agree. Jon beats them all. Fedor beats them all except jon
I think it would look like DC vs Jones. Fedor landing decent clinch uppercuts but Jon winning a decision/late stoppage with knees to the body and using kicks at range to outwork him

Fedor beats everyone in his prime. He did it against the most skilled and roided up monsters in the history of the sport. This USADA shit is childs play.

Jon Jones with no testing or media obligations.

Let him party, bullshit, and do all the coke and hookers he wants and don’t judge him. Be a complete wild creative in ring malicious bad ass. He will smoke them all.

What isn’t subjective is who had the best career. Who had the longest reign.

The answer is Fedor.

Slightly younger versions of werdum and overeem

Conor would beat everybody. He might not always do it on the first try (he might need a second chance here and there like he did with Nate), but Da Dreaded Left Hand From Hell would send them all to the canvas eventually.

Travis Fulton by far

mj97hh.jpg

Jones fought once a year in the last 5 years, with 4 decisions and one no contest.
Also, he fought many MWs much smaller than him.
Also, he never fought at HW so only a complete moron "knows" that he would destroy all HWs.

Fedor had a great run, with many fights a year, in an age with legit fighters but many cans also.
And let's not forget that the game changed and better fighters appeared on the way because they changed their tactics, their nutrition, their game plans, they learned new stuff (bjj techniques especially, better striking)

The discussion is stupid because this game is about coaches and their gameplan (Jones was good at this, Fedor probably hadn't much of a game plan, he just went with his instincts), about how good are you feeling in that particular day (e.g.Cain vs Werdum), about style (style makes fights).

giphy.gif

We did say kick? Right?

The discussion is stupid because this game is about coaches and their gameplan (Jones was good at this, Fedor probably hadn't much of a game plan, he just went with his instincts), about how good are you feeling in that particular day (e.g.Cain vs Werdum), about style (style makes fights).

How does that make it stupid? You factor in game planning when you bet on a winner. And of course styles make fights, that's the whole discussion lol

Prime Fedor it is, will favor him over any other mma fighter i ever seen, with prime Cain being the closest

Btw TS i think you mean P4P, not GOAT
GOAT just indicate the "best", P4P is to set the discussion on relative ability/skill alone ignoring that an heavier fighter, even with inferior skill, will be favourite over a much lighter one

This was about who beat all? All weight classes?

I mean Fedor did that for 10 years. Fighting bigger and roided upp monsters. While Jones fought smaller men, beeing the big roided monster himself? How can anyone say Jones is wierd as feck to me.

How does that make it stupid? You factor in game planning when you bet on a winner. And of course styles make fights, that's the whole discussion lol

Game planning can change, right?
Also, we cannot know how would they change their gameplan confronting the other GOAT contender.
That's not the whole discussion, because fans usually compare their records, not "how would they do against"

Also, someday you just had a bad day (Cain vs werdum). Maybe if they had confronted again 9 times, Cain would have been 7-3 or something like that.

Back