Gloves for everything

Ron0

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi, im looking for a new gloves after been dissapointed with my twins bgvl3 because are smaller and poke my middle finger..
I mainly train boxing but also some days k-1.

Looking for a good glove for sparring, bag, mits. Everything.

I was wondering with Fairtex Bgv1, so comfortable for me, but they look too small for sparring right?

Any suggestion?

My bugdet should be under 150$

Hi, im looking for a new gloves after been dissapointed with my twins bgvl3 because are smaller and poke my middle finger..
I mainly train boxing but also some days k-1.

Looking for a good glove for sparring, bag, mits. Everything.

I was wondering with Fairtex Bgv1, so comfortable for me, but they look too small for sparring right?

Any suggestion?

My bugdet should be under 150$
Not sure if this is in your budget: http://www.instyle.com/news/inspired-amal-chic-opera-length-gloves-every-occasion

Top King 16 oz are super soft, but they are also quite big (which you may or may not like). I believe Fairtex ones are more compact, indeed.

Others can weigh in on this, but it seems to me that if you want to use gloves for everything, it might be better to get gloves with denser padding. This is somewhat counter intuitive when it comes to sparring, but if you're using the gloves for bag work and sparring, then soft padding will eventually break down and you'll be hitting your partner with very minimal padding. If you get denser padding, it might not be as pleasant for your sparring partner initially, but in the long run, the denser padding will actually be more forgiving than your knuckles.

Or you can invest in two pairs of gloves.

40afd685ce2081a7aa2e04952ace3490.jpg

If it worked for Thanos, it can definitely work for you. :D

Also, to give concrete examples, you may want to try the Fairtex BGV9 which is supposed to be durable. Though I've heard mixed things about whether they can/should be used for sparring. Or the 16oz. BGL6. I've used this latter pair of gloves and liked them a lot except for a defect. I had the 12oz. version which was fit for bag use. I am not sure whether the 16oz. would be sufficient for sparring or not.

There are the Cleto Reyes training gloves, but you may not like them if you don't like your finger pushing the very tip of the glove.

If it were me, personally, I'd get the Grant style gloves that are being sold by some of our friends from Mexico on this forum with the extra firm padding (though you may be able to get away with medium padding).

Pick up some gloves from Mexico or some custom-y types and go with denser padding. Soft padding will get fucked more quickly on the bags and hurt your sparring partners, like hangul says.

Or get some Thanos magical gold gloves or some golden gloves of smiting +1 or whatever

Buy 2 pairs even if you have pair of workhorses youwill save money in the the long run.
using the same pair every day will kill any glove
So get two different pairs or workhorses but get 2.
I personally cycle through 3 pairs depending upon use.

lol That's cool, Thanos gauntlet boxing gloves.

Back