Glory signs Thongchai and Petpanomrung

Yodsanan

K'FESTA.1
@red
Reaction score
http://www.glorykickboxing.com/en/news/view/1086

Four new fighters have been signed to the GLORY Kickboxing ranks this week, including a World Muay Thai Council (WMC) champion and a former Lumpini Stadium champion.

Thongchai Sitsongpeenong comes from the famous Sitsongpeenong camp in Bangkok, Thailand. He is a friend and team mate of the GLORY world lightweight champion Sittichai Sitsongpeenong, who captured the belt at GLORY 31 AMSTERDAM after a rematch with defending champion Robin van Roosmalen. Large by Thai standards, he will be joining the welterweight division (170lbs/77kgs).

He turned professional at the age of 11 in his home city of Nakon Ratchasima, located in the impoverished Isaan province. Muay Thai fighting is a path out of poverty for many Isaan boys and Thongchai was trained by his father, himself a former fighter. It paid off when he won the Lumpini Stadium title at 147lbs, aged just 17.

Thai fighters take the name of their team as their surname and are given a 'fighting name' which they use as their first name for their professional endeavours. He and Sittichai are not related by blood; his real name is Saranon Glompan. Sittichai's real name is Anulak Jansuk and they are originally from different parts of Thailand; 'Sitsongpeenong' means 'Two Brothers' in the Thai language and reflects the gym's founders.

Also coming to GLORY by way of Thailand is Petchpanomrung Kiatmoo9. His birth name is Pansang Aimsiri; he was given the name Petchpanomrung as his fighting name and Kiatmoo9 is the name of his team. It is located in Buriram province. 'Kiat' is the name of the village and it is located in the ninth 'moo' (district), hence the team's name.

Kiatmoo9 enjoys a reputation for incredibly hard training, which says a lot about the gym seeing as Thai gyms in general are notorious for hard training. The gym makes a point of using local youths from Kiat village as its stock, rather than buying in successful youngsters as many other Thai teams do. It has been a conveyor belt of champions over the last decade and a regular contender for, and winner of, the prestigious 'Gym of the Year' award in Thailand.

Petchpanomrung is a former WMC champion. He is currently ranked at #7 in the Lumpini Stadium rankings at 140lbs and at #6 in the Rajadamnern Stadium rankings at 135lbs. He is joining the GLORY featherweight division, where he will fight at 145lbs.

Two more signings announced today are Adel Ekvall Halila of Sweden, who joins Petchpanomrung in the featherweight division, and Konstantin Khuzin of Russia, who has experience in TATNEFT and IFMA in his homeland and who will be joining the welterweight division

I hope Petpanomrung still fights in the stadiums. I hope he doesnt waste too much time with glory rules.

"His name is a number? Lolz"

Get used to it.

Shouldn't have much trouble getting the title.

Good signings....particularly petpanomrung. Rare to see a thai go to kickboxing in his peak years.

Never thought I'd see the day when 4 (yes that's right 4!) good Thais were signed to the major European kickboxing promotion.

So half the Glory champions will be Thai within a year lol

petpanomrung is a bizzare edition.
He's a Fimeu with boxing experience. Its not that bizzare. There's nothing more MuayThai then Kiatmoo9 and pet will represent it well under a rule set he has the right style for.

lol slow down mate....we haven't seen neither under k1 rules yet. Wait for their first fights before making that prediction.

3 fights for Petpanomrung to win the title. Contender tournament + title fight.

Harder to make a prediciton for Thongchai.

He's a Fimeu with boxing experience. Its not that bizzare. There's nothing more MuayThai then Kiatmoo9 and pet will represent it well under a rule set he has the right style for.
Still a bit of an odd signing since the usual way kickboxing orgs go about signing thais is to sign the ones who fight international. AFAIK Pet has never fought outside of Thailand.

Still a bit of an odd signing since the usual way kickboxing orgs go about signing thais is to sign the ones who fight international. AFAIK Pet has never fought outside of Thailand.
There's not many good Thai's at 140 - 145 fighting internationally who are available

Pretty much confirmation that they lurk this forum. Otherwise I would expect them to sign the winner of the latest IFMA or Max Muay Thai tournaments.

Cor, if you are reading this you should make an account. We promise not to make fun of your sherdog white belt!

Pretty much confirmation that they lurk this forum. Otherwise I would expect them to sign the winner of the latest IFMA or Max Muay Thai tournaments.

Cor, if you are reading this you should make an account. We promise not to make fun of your sherdog white belt!
Honestly, if you had told me that Glory had signed another Thai featherweight I would have assumed well...
pakorn_pksaenchaimuaythaigym.png

at least they signed him but who ever writes for their website can't even get his fucking name right. It is not petch it is petpanomrung. He is the most talented guy fighting anywhere around 143 in the world and will easily become the glory champ. I would also venture to guess this basically guarantees a bangkok event now that they have 4 thais and the pinto brothers

Any smart organisation would view forums to see what the fans are saying but I also think its through their connection with Sitsongpeenong. It was kind of inevitable that Thongchai would end up in Glory because of his team and the lack of competition at his weight in MuayThai. Pet on the other hand is a little random but its a good choice. I cant think of anyone else at his weight who is more suited for Glory.

Petch Kiatmoonine

Because Petpanomrung would be too hard. And fuck kao. Watch and see.

Back