glory should of kept Jarrell miller

tfcfights

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
hes now fighting on hbo and a rising prospect he would of been a great American hw prospect

Boxing is a better career path for him regardless.

He signed for Superkombat but officially never made debut, then he decided to switch for boxing. Now I see he is a name in boxing.

Funny how people used to discredit that K1 WGP Cro Cop won, and you see today how well his opponents are doing (Miller, Zhuravlev, Londt)

Funny how people used to discredit that K1 WGP Cro Cop won, and you see today how well his opponents are doing (Miller, Zhuravlev, Londt)
They were second tier then and still second tier now, in regards to Kickboxing.

That K-1 tournament didn't represent the best heavyweights at the time, that's why it isn't looked at as on the same level of other WGP's.

0P3Gk37.jpg

They were second tier then and still second tier now, in regards to Kickboxing.

That K-1 tournament didn't represent the best heavyweights at the time, that's why it isn't looked at as on the same level of other WGP's.
They are all top 5 now, so they re first tier. Zhuravlev won Glory interim LHW belt, Londt won Glory contender tournament and Miller is champion of North America in WBA and WBO and currently ranked no. 5 HW boxer in WBO & IBF.
And they were in prime then and more dangerous than some names who were on retirement, and they are in prime now.

In terms of skill, Londt, Zhuravlev, Badr Hari, Gerges, Samedov were equally good then as Saki, Ghita, Spong, Zimmerman. Hardly any difference, they were at least equally dangerous. Schilt had allready retired, and Verhoeven proved his qualty, but he lost to Laschenko not long before.

It was simply a new reality and different situation on the scene, but like Arlovski, Mir, Sylvia, Riodriguez are UFC champions, then Cro Cop can also be fully proud of his K-1 Grand Prix because it was very quality tournament and huge achievement.

It certanly wasn`t less difficult for Cro Cop to win Grand Prix vs Miller, Zhuravlev and Lond, then for Bonjasky to win it vs Grahm, Abidi and Musashi in 2003, or against old, washed out and not hungry Hoost, Botha and Musashi in 2004, or for Hoost to win it with 2 losses in 2002.

Last edited:
Zhuravlev was second tier to Adegbuyi, but notice he was dangerous as fuck and knocked out Benny in the first fight.

Snubnoze, understand that guys like Zhuravlev or Londt would deserve Final 16 even in golden times of K-1. Miller had some decent potential to improve.

We always had in K-1 some guys like Aerts and Hoost, and others like Musashi, Abidi, Botha and so on that could have surprised.

They are all top 5 now, so they re first tier. Zhuravlev won Glory interim LHW belt, Londt won Glory contender tournament and Miller is champion of North America in WBA and WBO and currently ranked no. 5 HW boxer in WBO & IBF.
And they were in prime then and more dangerous than some names who were on retirement, and they are in prime now.

In terms of skill, Londt, Zhuravlev, Badr Hari, Gerges, Samedov were equally good then as Saki, Ghita, Spong, Zimmerman. Hardly any difference, they were at least equally dangerous. Schilt had allready retired, and Verhoeven proved his qualty, but he lost to Laschenko not long before.

It was simply a new reality and different situation on the scene, but like Arlovski, Mir, Sylvia, Riodriguez are UFC champions, then Cro Cop can also be fully proud of his K-1 Grand Prix because it was very quality tournament and huge achievement.

It certanly wasn`t less difficult for Cro Cop to win Grand Prix vs Miller, Zhuravlev and Lond, then for Bonjasky to win it vs Grahm, Abidi and Musashi in 2003, or against old, washed out and not hungry Hoost, Botha and Musashi in 2004, or for Hoost to win it with 2 losses in 2002.
I'm certainly not saying it wasn't a great accomplishment but the field wasn't as good as what Glory had at the time. There wasn't even a debate here, that's factual. In hindsight the opinion is still the same.

Verhoeven lost to Laschenko and thus wasn't qualified for the K1 GP.

This says a lot about the legitimacy of the event.

Only guy missing was Ghita.

Saki,Spong and Schilt werent in there

Which Verhoeven lost to Lascenko? He also lost to Errol by KO and then destroyed him too!

I know that, I remember it, but it was 2012. Rico wasn"t that good then, he was fighting for Superkombat (2011, 2 fights) and It"s Showtime 2012 when he lost to Zimmerman by KO. Even though since 2011 started his improvement, when he won against Gerges. It all started in 2013, his dominance.

I wanted to say that young Rico lost to Sergei.

I personally liked tht k-1 tournament but right now Prince vs miller in msg. It's where miller is from glory could of built him up they need stars and rivalries. Saki, spong, buakaw, petro, schilling, and ghost. Glory needs guys like this buakaw or petro fighting for lw belt I would pay for that and the prince needs rivals.

Isnt he a top 10 HW boxer in the world? I bet he is making much more money there than he could as a kickboxer.

My how quickly people forget that he is the only person to ever fail a drug test in glory

he earned 70k in his last boxing fight

Back