Glory 59: Amsterdam Verhoeven vs Inocente (9/29/18)

Dodx4gaVAAUAqsE.jpg:large

What about Rittewada? Although I'm not sure about his chin. Heard several years ago he suffered from a few back to back KO's.

Good call. Rittewada is an obvious pick IMO due to his size and offensive style. if he has a shady chin that's a plus from Glory's POV so they can have Marat KTFO him (on a 4th attempt) and keep him from completely dominating.

Im still trying to wrap my head around the bullshit Glory pulled in regards to rvr missing weight.. They basically acted like it did not happen when rvr should have been stripped when he failed to make weight. Pet should have become undisputed champ after weigh-ins and the fight should have gone forward as a non title bout.

I really can't help but think if the situation were reversed, with Pet coming into the fight as reigning champ, and he failed to make weight that it would have been handled the same way

My understanding is RvR lost his title and couldn't have won it even if he won the fight. Same as the previous time he missed weight.

I really can't help but think if the situation were reversed, with Pet coming into the fight as reigning champ, and he failed to make weight that it would have been handled the same way
One is free to have their delusions I suppose.

My understanding is RvR lost his title and couldn't have won it even if he won the fight. Same as the previous time he missed weight.

One is free to have their delusions I suppose.
that is what I heard as well but why were the announcers not telling anyone this? they still referred to rvr as reigning champ as well as all graphics.I also do not believe they once ever mentioned he missed weight on the broadcast.

This cannot be the same case as last time as Pet was already interim champ and not just a challenger.

If Pet did not win the fight was the fw belt just vacant?

Everything was handled quite unprofessionally if not extremely shady

That may have been the case, but they pulled the wool over the viewers eyes and kept that completely in the dark. The previous time that happened they did disclose that. Their was zero mention in the broadcast or any social media outlet. Completely unprofessional. I share @DastardlyMass's outrage.

If Pet did not win the fight was the fw belt just vacant?

Everything was handled quite unprofessionally if not extremely shady
Think so. Could've definitely been handled better for sure.
I'm not exactly outraged though as it was seemingly really only a presentation issue.

Guto Inocente in my opinion and a great fighter and great future

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back