Glory 46 China- Rico vs Bigfoot & Marcus vs Pereira

Couldn't they of at least brought in a bigger featherweight to fight at that catchweight instead of the smallest in the division who recently fought at 62kg? I hope Pets not sluggish. That's a big weight jump and he's been getting fucked over a lot recently.
when are you going to learn! he is not gaining weight to take the bout. He is just not cutting any weight so if anything he will have more energy and stamina

when are you going to learn! he is not gaining weight to take the bout. He is just not cutting any weight so if anything he will have more energy and stamina
Don't patronize me. No one said anything about him gaining weight. Its about the weight your body is used to fighting at. Fighting at a much higher weight within a short period of time can slow you down and effect stamina as well as other issues like the size and strength of your opponent. There are loads of examples on how moving up or down just a few pounds can have an impact on a fighter so save me the optimism. I too am optimistic about Pets chances but this is still a questionable move by Glory and it should be criticized.

Don't patronize me. No one said anything about him gaining weight. Its about the weight your body is used to fighting at. Fighting at a much higher weight within a short period of time can slow you down and effect stamina as well as other issues like the size and strength of your opponent. There are loads of examples on how moving up or down just a few pounds can have an impact on a fighter so save me the optimism. I too am optimistic about Pets chances but this is still a questionable move by Glory and it should be criticized.
I have never heard any athlete say they were sluggish or did not preform as normal because they did not dehydrate themselves the day before a completion. You see these negative effects on people rapidly gaining or losing actual fat or muscle mass not on people like pet who stay in shape and within 2-3 kilos of the same weight year around

Last edited:
Ok, this is getting fucking ridiculous. Bigfoot has been KO'd/TKO'd in 7 of his last 8 fights. He also sustained a shit ton of damage during his first fight with Mark Hunt. He is now going to face the freakin Glory HW champion in his very first kickboxing match.

I worry for Bigfoots safety. He is going the same dangerous path that Tim Hague took.

I have never heard any athlete say they were sluggish or did not preform as normal because they did not dehydrate themselves the day before a completion.
Neither have I. Not in those exact words. But I've seen loads of examples of moving up or down in weight effecting fighters performance. Roman Gonzalez for example.

Neither have I. Not in those exact words. But I've seen loads of examples of moving up or down in weight effecting fighters performance. Roman Gonzalez for example.
How exactly would not cutting weight make him slower?

The only negative effect this has is that his opponents will be bigger than he is used to, but it will definitely not make pet slower.

How exactly would not cutting weight make him slower?

The only negative effect this has is that his opponents will be bigger than he is used to, but it will definitely not make pet slower.
Issues with stamina can slow a fighter down later on in the fight and fighting at a higher weight can effect stamina.

Issues with stamina can slow a fighter down later on in the fight and fighting at a higher weight can effect stamina.
Only when they are gaining weight to take the fight does it affect stamina. Pet is not adding a single pound so like I said earlier if anything he will have improved stamina and strength as he is not depleteing his energy reserves by cutting weight

He is not gaining any weight, he just doesn't have to cut weight, so his stamina will be optimal

He is not gaining any weight, he just doesn't have to cut weight, so his stamina will be optimal
We'll see. Hopefully he doesn't end up like Conor when he jumped up to fight Nate Diaz.

Looks a little soft but at least he doesn't look like Jomthong at 70kg

anyone noticed that Marcus is not being arrogant in interviews and weigh in this time?

if he shows this kind of emotional stability on the fight he haves a much better chance to win it,i still picking Pereira to knock him out

Either Pereira is too slick or Marcus got too much power.

what time the event starts?

glory countdown clock is totally wrong thats for sure

Either Pereira is too slick or Marcus got too much power.
That's why I bet the under 4½ rounds. I know a lot of kickboxing bouts go the distance, but with five rounds and Pereira having good hands vs Marcus' hard kicks I lean towards this ending in a stoppage.

Crap, it"s again on Digi 4 and only this channel is not HD.

Romanian hour:

13:00 LIVE Kickboxing

Glory 46 - Superfight Series

16:00 LIVE Kickboxing

Glory 46

Back