Glory 40 : COPENHAGEN ( FREE UFC Fightpass - 1PM ET / ESPN 2 - 3:30PM ET) LIVE DISCUSSION

huh? I had it 4-1 marcus. i gave wilns the 5th
well it was a close fight but IMO Wilnis made little bit more,Marcus made a lot of damage with the mid kicks and knees but i think Wilnis made a bit more with his body+ head punches and constantly low kicking

Can go either way and i wouldnt call a robbery

i got all the cards wrong as usual anyway i just liked marcus better,smarter fight and he reacted very well,wilnis didn't impress me that much

wilnis: Simon Marcus "does not have the chin" to take his punches
<TrumpWrong1>

"Todd Grisham starts a "muay thai fighters transitioning" discussion and ends it by saying Marcus is the the best to ever do it."

looks like english commentary was even worse than our own Canal Combate. it's the same thing with MMA. sometimes I think I can't handle no more Canal Combate cringe worthy stuff but when I switch to original audio I often find it even worse. Valtellini is starting to really get under my skin;

i mainly thought wilns was just too inactive thru out the fight

I agree. a guy like that has got to be in your face relentlessly to beat Marcus. anyway these Glory 5 rounders are incredibly unremarkable IMO. I can't recall nothing that stands out from all the last title fights I've watched. the best title fights recently were RvR at FW and I don't even like his style.

Valtellini is starting to really get under my skin
Valtellini seems like he's knowledgeable about kickboxing but when it comes to MuayThai and Thai's fighting in Glory sometimes he says things that make me want to head butt my computer screen. I prefer the old commentators tbh.

Just caught up. Weaker card, but a few fun fights.

"has defeated some of the biggest names in thailand"

im done

Valtellini seems like he's knowledgeable about kickboxing but when it comes to MuayThai and Thai's fighting in Glory sometimes he says things that make me want to head butt my computer screen. I prefer the old commentators tbh.

I don't want to be one of "those" people, but between this weird narrative Valtellini keeps pressing and Lion Fight's "World's best muay thai" I am starting to buy into the idea of there being a Western conspiracy to discredit/ignore actual nak muays to legitimize homegrown talent.

Just caught up. Weaker card, but a few fun fights.

I don't want to be one of "those" people, but between this weird narrative Valtellini keeps pressing and Lion Fight's "World's best muay thai" I am starting to buy into the idea of there being a Western conspiracy to discredit/ignore actual nak muays to legitimize homegrown talent.

conspiracy?i think it's a clear move by now.

inviting yodk. to fight a larsen and presenting him as "one of the best thai fighters" just to validate the mediocrity of their own, or calling some random white dude "one of the best mt fighters in the world" or claiming marcus had the best transition, is beyond ignorance. they don't want to know and if they know they don't care because they have their agenda to stick to.

glory in this is no different from wlf and yi long,but at least you know yi long is a clown and you know who you are dealing with.

i just watched marcus's interview where he had to repeat the same thing over and over "i train at banchamek because they have great boxing trainers and yadda yadda" and they kept asking "but but why go to thailand??!!1 why mui thai if this is a kb event??!1
like he went to train in the fucking jungle with fucking coconuts like in some van damme movie....

piss off already

There more thai fighters in kb then a few years ago. Yes there are better fighters among them but be happy there not getting fully ignored.

it still blows my mind that the real champion in every division except hw in kickboxing comes from a muay thai base yet these organizations will not take a change on the most skilled muay thai fighters in the world

it still blows my mind that the real champion in every division except hw in kickboxing comes from a muay thai base yet these organizations will not take a change on the most skilled muay thai fighters in the world

how much (or little) sit was taking a fight?

how much does sittichai make a fight in glory more or less or other fighters..
I've was told sometime last year he was making around 25k a fight. he seems to be getting more than most guys in glory that are not hemmers gym/ former golden glory fighters fighting anywhere around his weight. i believe rvr is the only guy getting more fighting at 65 or 70 kg.

He is a special case thou as he already had a following in france where they planned on using him. these kickboxing organizations can get any thai they want out side of sittichai,yodsaenklai, buakaw and maybe kaew for around 10k and 15k at the most. Thats why i can't understand why these organizations will not take a chance and bring in yodvicha,rittiewada,sangmanee,thaksinlek,nong-o or so many others. These people will spend that kind of money on random euro fighters who will never have the skills to be a champion but will not spend it on guys who have already risen to the top in a much deeper talent pool

Last edited:
yeah not much but if that's glory budget there's nothing to do.
kunlun gave a huge amount to lure fighters in and then downsized the budget except buakaw or prob yod but i wouldn't bet on that either.

but are these thai fighters willing to move to kb or are they simply ignored?
there is huge potential even marketing wise with some of them...

yeah not much but if that's glory budget there's nothing to do.
kunlun gave a huge amount to lure fighters in and then downsized the budget except buakaw or prob yod but i wouldn't bet on that either.

but are these thai fighters willing to move to kb or are they simply ignored?
there is huge potential even marketing wise with some of them...
I'm pretty sure as long as they get enough notice they would do it. petpanomrung and thanonchai fought in china under kb rules last year in between stadium fights.

Back