Give your unbiased opinion on how Robbie Lawler vs Platinum Mike Perry would go

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
** Do not post if you are trolling **

As much as I am a fan of Platinum Mike I am aware of his weaknesses. In spite of the 10 point system, he does not do well against point fighters who spend most of the fight running and throwing weak leg kicks.
But Robbie is not that kind of fighter, he is an old school brawler who wants to stand and bang and that play right into Platinum's strengths.
IMO in a 5 rounder Robbie would not be able to handle Platinum's slick boxing(black belt with them hands) and would end up being KTFO. He has been into many wars at this point of his career which surely cracked his chin. Meanwhile, Mike Perry is a hot prospect with a peculiar ability to find your chin

hQT2GlN.gif

FailingGoodnaturedBuffalo.gif

Platgoat knocks him into a living death then fights for the belt and eviscerates whoever is champ

#perrygoat#platinumbless

It would go a little something like this:

Robbie punches Perry in the face fucking HARD.

fight over.

Woodley caught him well but Perry is not that quick.

Lawler is probably a more favorable match up for him among top guys but Lawler has a pretty good defense and head movement.

If Lawler allows Perry to bang with him Perry has a chance but Lawler should take it with the better speed movement and a more diverse striking game. He kicks pretty well if he wants.

My pick is Lawler. Without hesitating.

As much as I am a fan of Platinum Mike I am aware of his weaknesses. In spite of the 10 point system, he does not do well against point fighters who spend most of the fight running and throwing weak leg kicks.
But Robbie is not that kind of fighter, he is an old school brawler who wants to stand and bang and that play right into Platinum's strengths.
IMO in a 5 rounder Robbie would not be able to handle Platinum's slick boxing(black belt with them hands) and would end up being KTFO. He has been into many wars at this point of his career which surely cracked his chin. Meanwhile, Mike Perry is a hot prospect with a peculiar ability to find your chin

hQT2GlN.gif

I just don't see Perry winning any of the early exchanges

Lawler is leaving his prime but still a washed up Lawler would absolutely murk Perry.

Hopefully somewhere a long the lines of these:

3Om8PlgyF86dO.gif

fqGzekzJ0SLAs.gif

Last edited:
Perry would be shook in the first few exchanges. Lawler should still have plenty in the tank to out slick Perry and beat him up.

Lol silly plat fangirls...

Lawler via murder

Lawler via better boxing fundamentals.

hQT2GlN.gif

Al5Lp.gif

If Lawler has joined the ranks of Condit, Hendricks, and GSP in terms of unsure if he has anything left for the game, then Perry might have more than a puncher's chance. If Lawler is still hungry and not punch drunk, Lawler by obliteration.

Back