Gillespie will destroy khabib

He is promising but he gets a little too wild on the feet sometimes and gets cracked as a consequence. I think Khabib is probably the better wrestler. Would be an awesome fight. Sadly, gillespie is one of those guys who somehow refuses to call anyone out when given the opportunity so in the times wee're living in, that won't get him any opponent with a name.

Khabib has one gameplan and that's to pressure, clinch and go for the takedown. A high level wrestler has the best chance of having the solution for that gameplan.

Barboza in theory had the right gameplan. Circle, kick his legs out, and avoid the clinch. The problem is you can't move as fast moving backwards as you can moving forwards and the cage limits movement. No striker is going to be able to keep Khabib off of them for long.

Yes they can.

Khabib doesn't have great shots. He shoots then comes into the clinch most of the time.

When he comes into the clinch he just does the same as Cain, DC, and Rockhold. Underhook one side and strike and pummel with the other. Do the same as Werdum did with Cain. Fight the free hand, control and smother it until he disengages or readjusts to take advantage of an oppertunity.

Werdum wasn't a great wrestler and did it to Cain almost flawlessly.

Branch was doing it to Rockhold great until he started striking with his free hand and stopped controlling Rockholds free hand, allowing Luke to pummel for the underhook which allowed him to get Branch down.

That is what it takes to shut down most of Khabibs game. You don't have to move backwards faster than he is moving forwards, you don't have to eliminate his forward pressure altogether, fighting the free hand in the clinch until you can circle out, and use feints to keep the pressure off and pick him off with counters.

I'm a huge Khabib fan but his opponents have bad gameplans against him most of the time.

Yes they can.

Khabib doesn't have great shots. He shoots then comes into the clinch most of the time.

When he comes into the clinch he just does the same as Cain, DC, and Rockhold. Underhook one side and strike and pummel with the other. Do the same as Werdum did with Cain. Fight the free hand, control and smother it until he disengages or readjusts to take advantage of an oppertunity.

Werdum wasn't a great wrestler and did it to Cain almost flawlessly.

Branch was doing it to Rockhold great until he started striking with his free hand and stopped controlling Rockholds free hand, allowing Luke to pummel for the underhook which allowed him to get Branch down.

That is what it takes to shut down most of Khabibs game. You don't have to move backwards faster than he is moving forwards, you don't have to eliminate his forward pressure altogether, fighting the free hand in the clinch until you can circle out, and use feints to keep the pressure off and pick him off with counters.

I'm a huge Khabib fan but his opponents have bad gameplans against him most of the time.

Look at the fighters you mentioned. Werdum has a great clinch game and Cain had zero intention of taking it to the ground. Neither Rockhold or Branch even have wrestling bases.

Khabib is not remotely similar to any of those fighters. What silly examples to bring up.

None of the fighters Khabib has faced so far have a shot at beating him in a clinch battle, regardless of what their gameplan is.

Folkstyle and freestyle are two dif types of wrestling..

Folkstyle could literally be any style of traditional wrestling. How am i supposed to know you're referring to collegiate, hence why i worded my post with an if.

{<huh}

Trujillo is your idea of a high level wrestler? Lol.

I never said he was a "high level wrestler". You struggling with reading again, or just pulling a strawman?

I said Khabib has experience with collegiate wrestlers. Never said they were high level.

I never said he was a "high level wrestler". You struggling with reading again?

I said Khabib has experience with collegiate wrestlers.

What a useless thing to say.

Seen one wrestler seen em all amirite?

This guy has top wrestling, and the way he trains like a machine...If he fights khabib, I will put my money on gregor
You really think a manlet hipster can beat Khabib? Lmao

What a useless thing to say.

Seen one wrestler seen em all amirite?

LMAO, you are dense. That is not remotely what i said.

OP claimed Khabib never fought collegiate wrestlers. He's fought two.

I also noted Gregor has better accolades but shouldn't be too hard to handle.

I also said tell Gregor to call Khabib out, Lee got a title TS just from his shittalk.

Keep smoking crack, so you can't follow the conversation. Then wake up with mindless rambling.

Look at the fighters you mentioned. Werdum has a great clinch game and Cain had zero intention of taking it to the ground. Neither Rockhold or Branch even have wrestling bases.

Khabib is not remotely similar to any of those fighters. What silly examples to bring up.

None of the fighters Khabib has faced so far have a shot at beating him in a clinch battle, regardless of what their gameplan is.

They clinch the same. They don't need to have wrestling bases. Rockhold has great clinch work and great clinch TDs and Branch a mediocre MMA wrestler was able to stifle him until he had a brain fart and started to strike from that position giving Luke the underhook.

Cain did plan on taking it down his corner told him to look for single legs. Werdum as a decent Thai clinch, not some remarkable over under game. He completely stifled Cains strongest position while not being some amazing wrestler or clinch artist.

They all grapple in the clinch and look for clinch TDs all the same. It is the staple of AKA.

Guess we found Gillespies Sherdog account...

Nice try Gregor, now go fight someone who’s even REMOTELY relevant in MMA.

#NotImpressed
<{gspressed}>

No, I'm referring to American HS/collegiate wrestling, aka Folkstyle, aka, the most effective form of combat on the planet.

Yeah because Folkstyle LEGENDS like Mark Muñoz and Jared Rosholt have done so well in MMA...

Face it, the dude Gregor is just a poor mans version of Weidman in Manlet form (minus the BJJ or ANY significant wins).

PS: Freestyle is SUPERIOR to Folkstyle in every way.

T2YpkI0.gif

<33>

Hard to gauge his skills at the moment when he hasn't fought anyone yet who can legitimately fight back. But the guy, despite being a wrestler, has thoughtful striking. His knockdown punch in his first fight was pretty slick.

Gregor Gillespie is an ELITE wrestler being an NCAA champion. I’d be so damn interested to see how Khabib would do trying to get him to the ground. I’m really not sure that he could do it.

I still think his style is best for khabib but he's not good enough to get past the lesser ranked fighters to get to khabib, like FKL.

I still think his style is best for khabib but he's not good enough to get past the lesser ranked fighters to get to khabib, like FKL.
his best strength is wrestling Khabib is a tough tough match up for him
also Khabib is a way better grappler than GG

Back