GGG/Marco Antonio Rubio set for Oct 18th at Stubhub center in LA

Or Floyd could fight GGG, a real middleweight.

Well, Cotto is now THE guy at 160 since beating The Sexy One. Seeing as Floyd already has a victory over him and Cotto is the MUCH more bankable star, a rematch could actually happen. No way Floyd fights GGG.

Cotto is "the man" on paper, because he beat Martinez. But everybody knows who the real man is at middleweight right now.

Cotto has one fight at middleweight (and weighed 155), GGG has 17 straight knock outs at middleweight.

If somebody wants to cherry pick a middleweight title, then Cotto is the guy to go after. If somebody wants to be the man, they need to take down GGG.

Cotto is "the man" on paper, because he beat Martinez. But everybody knows who the real man is at middleweight right now.

If somebody wants to cherry pick a middleweight title, then Cotto is the guy to go after. If somebody wants to be the man, they need to take down GGG.

Agreed. This is exactly why Floyd fights Cotto instead.

I hope that nobody on this forum wants to see a 150 pound guy fight a 155 pound guy for the middleweight championship.

Especially when there is a real 160 pound middleweight being avoided by all involved. That would be a travesty, and a complete mockery of the division and sport.

Shit, let's have Mayweather beat Cotto and be the middleweight champ. Then we can have 150 pound Mayweather fight a 145 pound Pacquiao to see who the "man" is at middleweight. All while 170 pound Canelo and GGG watch.

Cotto needs to vacate and fight whoever he wants be that Canelo or Mayweather at 154, or keep his belt and fight Canelo/GGG at 160.

^^I just said I did. I said I want Floyd to beat Cotto for the MW crown and walk away.

^^I just said I did. I said I want Floyd to beat Cotto for the MW crown and walk away.

Why would you want two guys to fight for a middleweight championship who aren't even close to weighing in as middleweights, while legitamate full sized middleweights don't get that chance?

Cotto needs to defend his middleweight belt against a middleweight or vacate. At least one person involved in a middleweight fight needs to BE a middleweight.

It would be excusable if there was no competition. But with Canelo and GGG around it would be a blatant duck.

Why would you want two guys to fight for a middleweight championship who aren't even close to weighing in as middleweights, while legitamate full sized middleweights don't get that chance?

Cotto needs to defend his middleweight belt against a middleweight or vacate. At least one person involved in a middleweight fight needs to BE a middleweight.

It would be excusable if there was no competition. But with Canelo and GGG around it would be a blatant duck.

Cotto IS gonna fight Saul next and if he wins the Floyd rematch should be made. Cotto is not gonna walk away from the Saul fight. GBP is gonna give him alot for that fight and IF he wins, the Floyd fight would be the biggest fight he could make and he will still be MW champion. It would be a Super Fight and nothing wrong with that. and if Floyd was to win, he could away 50 and the MW Champion.

^ Lol, nobody gives a shit about Cotto fighting Floyd again, if he can even pass canelo that is.

GGG has been calling out Cotto to unify the titles, why even post if you are just trolling for cotto to duck the REAL middle weight champ (3 belts)?

Like stated in another thread, if Floyd wants to seal his legacy as TBE, he must beat Pacman and last fight should be GGG beating him too.

Cotto IS gonna fight Saul next and if he wins the Floyd rematch should be made. Cotto is not gonna walk away from the Saul fight. GBP is gonna give him alot for that fight and IF he wins, the Floyd fight would be the biggest fight he could make and he will still be MW champion. It would be a Super Fight and nothing wrong with that. and if Floyd was to win, he could away 50 and the MW Champion.

I have absolutely no problem with Cotto fighting Mayweather again. But that is not a middleweight fight, and should not be for a middleweight title. They can fight for Floyd's 154 title.

The winner of Canelo vs Cotto has to fight GGG. Anything else is a mockery and a blatant, unforgivable duck. Unless that person vacates their belt.

You don't get to duck a great middleweight champion to go fight a 150 pound blown-up welterweight and call it the lineal middleweight title. That's an embarrassment and shouldn't be allowed.

Floyd will not fight someone he beat that's not an immediate rematch. Especially won't give a guy who he beat a shot cause he beat another guy he beat...

Only way to earn Mayweather's contract finale is to beat Pacman.. wait.. Pacman...? THAT MEANS Robert Guerrero IS NEXT CAUSE HE'S A GHOST!

^ Lol, nobody gives a shit about Cotto fighting Floyd again, if he can even pass canelo that is.

GGG has been calling out Cotto to unify the titles, why even post if you are just trolling for cotto to duck the REAL middle weight champ (3 belts)?

If Cotto beats Saul, the money will be there for it to be made. It would probly be the biggest fight in boxing at the time as long as Floyd hasn't lost. Cotto/Floyd rematch next Nov or May would be huge.

Cotto is NOT gonna fight GGG ever and I don't really care if he does. He will mostly give up the belt before getting in the ring with GGG and Floyd would too(if he won it from Cotto).

If Saul beats Cotto, then the GGG/Saul can be made for sure. GBP won't let Saul rematch Floyd, so no point in going there. But if Saul does win, it will be the end of 2015 or 2016 before GGG and Saul meet.

Last edited:
here yall go. Fat Dan is saying Oscar wants Saul/GGG in next Sept. 15.

Quote from @OscarDeLaHoya to me on the phone a little while ago:

here yall go. Fat Dan is saying Oscar wants Saul/GGG in next Sept. 15.

Oscar said he wants Saul to take back the Mexican dates from Floyd and Saul vs Cotto in May and Saul/GGG in Sept will due it.

This is just Oscar promoting Canelo. This MIGHT happen if Canelo can't sell PPVs.

I still think Donaire being on the card had more to do with the views and ticket sales than you guys think.

Nonito probably had an impact. But I think overall this fight had more promotion than the Geale one.

World Boxing Council @WBCBoxing

Nonito probably had an impact. But I think overall this fight had more promotion than the Geale one.

Rubio being Mexican as opposed to a mostly unknown Australian (even if Geale was more legitimate at the weight) helped, as well.

Nonito isn't as big of an attraction as you guys think...

Like others have already said, the location, the opponent, the great promotion likely had more to do with it.

Back