Getting tired with Ubisoft

For Honor is fun as fuck.

..and R6:Siege, that game is amazing.

Some good, some bad. They can't all be winners. They are a good example of what's wrong with big video game companies today though.
Yeah man, I like For Honor a lot. Seems we are in the minority amongst many hardcore gamers though. They seem to hate it.

It's been 2 years since an Assassins Creed release,

da fuq Ubisoft?

The most exciting thing is to coin flip if the latest AC game is either Ezio awesome or Indian horrible.
AC III was my favorite one, but mostly for the setting. It was cool corresponding with Franklin and Washington.

Yeah man, I like For Honor a lot. Seems we are in the minority amongst many hardcore gamers though. They seem to hate it.

It's kind of amazing the amount of hate this game is getting. A lot of the arguments I've read against it have been completely false as well.. I believe it's mostly people who have never even played it, or maybe played the beta briefly but not long enough to actually learn how to play the game. Picked it up, got killed, quit.

I don't get it. Do people not want new IP's or alternatives to COD?

I've been addicted to it since I bought it. I'm just happy that it's something different and it plays really well.

It's kind of amazing the amount of hate this game is getting. A lot of the arguments I've read against it have been completely false as well.. I believe it's mostly people who have never even played it, or maybe played the beta briefly but not long enough to actually learn how to play the game. Picked it up, got killed, quit.

I've been addicted to it since I bought it. I'm just happy that it's something different and it plays really well.
I like games where the control schemes are easy to pick up but don't need to be mastered easily.

The For Honor beta I felt like my brain was getting tied into knots in order to play it. There was a game on the PS3 or Xbox 360 that was a third person game where to shoot you had to hold down the L2 or Left trigger in order to draw the damn gun and For Honor reminded me of that.

Wish there was a way to toggle lock on rather than be stuck holding the trigger down, in the beta I couldn't find it.

The gameplay is anything BUT shallow in For Honor. It's definitely not a game for everyone because you actually have to play it to improve at it. I get wrecked half the time in duels or brawls but I still have a ton of fun (except for the goddamn Orochi gankers who hit and run all day long :/) It's a fighting game at it's core and I guess a lot of people got pissy when they got mauled in the beta or their friend's cousin's sister heard it's a pay to win grind (which is entirely not true). It doesn't help that certain reviews like Destructoid's can't even get their facts straight regarding the game. OP and other critics in this thread obviously haven't played it.

That's one thing I'll never understand about gamers, they're always ready to trash something they've never played or spent money or the proper amount of time to form a solid opinion. I'll never play Overwatch because I find the art design to be two steps away from some weird weeaboo shit but I certainly don't go around saying that because what's the point.

Guess what. Steam is DRM, consoles are DRM, Origin is DRM. If you're so against DRM, then you must only play games from GOG.com.

I like games where the control schemes are easy to pick up but don't need to be mastered easily.

The For Honor beta I felt like my brain was getting tied into knots in order to play it. There was a game on the PS3 or Xbox 360 that was a third person game where to shoot you had to hold down the L2 or Left trigger in order to draw the damn gun and For Honor reminded me of that.

Wish there was a way to toggle lock on rather than be stuck holding the trigger down, in the beta I couldn't find it.

That's fair.. and as far as I know I don't think there is an option to auto lock. I could see that being a problem though so I'm not sure how they'd find a happy medium.

I was getting fucked up at first but something in the gameplay clicked with me now I'm chopping people up.

I started approaching it more like Fight Night's directional controls and that's really been working for me... and I fucking love FN.

That's fair.. and as far as I know I don't think there is an option to auto lock. I could see that being a problem though so I'm not sure how they'd find a happy medium.

I was getting fucked up at first but something in the gameplay clicked with me now I'm chopping people up.

I started approaching it more like Fight Night's directional controls and that's really been working for me... and I fucking love FN.
I'll probably take a look at it more when it drops in price some.

It's been 2 years since an Assassins Creed release,

da fuq Ubisoft?

The most exciting thing is to coin flip if the latest AC game is either Ezio awesome or Indian horrible.
1 year. AC Syndicate came out last Christmas. It was mediocre at best.

I don't think many like infinite sequels, but we have been spoiled by games that are easily picked up and played to a high standard. The nes days of having to really try, are gone. We have gotten lazy and complacent. Any learning curve beyond 1 hour is horrible to most. It's a shame, but not unrealistic, with our western style of pick up and play.

Everything I played from them has been crap except Far Cry 3/4, didn't even like Black Flag that much and Watch Dogs 2 is a joke on PC. Horrible dev these days, fuck You Be Soft.

Last edited:
I haven't played For Honor but it kind of looks like a Mount and Blade, Gears of War hybrid and that sounds pretty damn awesome. Looking at picking it up since I just bought a PS4 after taking a break from gaming.

Just picked up Dark Souls 3 and I will be pretty invested into that for a while. For the people that like For Honor do you see the online community being active about 6 months down the road?

Another tired ass post from OP. WD2 was the shit

I've never trusted Ubisoft. I trust Rockstar and Naughty Dog.

giphy.gif

For the people that like For Honor do you see the online community being active about 6 months down the road?

Hard to truly say but I think if the devs keep supporting the game well like actively listening to the community (they have been so far with an upcoming patch changing how guard break works, Valkyrie getting a buff, Peacekeeper's triple stab getting fixed, small fix for bots replacing disconnected/rage quitters by not spawning in at full health but dead, etc) and add some interesting modes down the road the community will stay strong. The combat mechanics are deep enough to keep people engaged as there's a lot to learn about each character. On PC, there are anywhere from 40,000 to 100,000+ people playing depending on the time of day.

I hope they do some sort of tournament mode with a spectator feature. I'd love to watch more high level players compete against each other.

Well they killed Far Cry after 3 and For Honor was dog shit. I don't care what anyone says, you don't have to be bad at a game to hate it, that's fan boy talk.

But... Rainbow 6 is fucking great so there's that.

Back