german suplex in folkstyle

kata guruma

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
is it me or is this one of the scariest moves ever? i recently started wrestling folkstyle and my coach told me i shouldn't do the move at all because of how dangerous it is.others told me it's just upright illegal in competition.

It is illegal. Slams are illegal in folkstyle. You have to bring your opponent to the mat with control if you lift him off of his feet.

It is illegal. Slams are illegal in folkstyle. You have to bring your opponent to the mat with control if you lift him off of his feet.

control, you mean still holding on to his body and maintaining control when you hit the ground?

is it me or is this one of the scariest moves ever? i recently started wrestling folkstyle and my coach told me i shouldn't do the move at all because of how dangerous it is.others told me it's just upright illegal in competition.

Yes, illegal. Hell even a good head and arm throw can be called a slam if you pound the guy. Keep some of your Judo instincts (the higher/harder, the better) in check or you could be giving lots of points away.

This is definitely not legal

Wow, dick move. I'm sure he got DQ'd, and hopefully got his ass kicked some time after that. That was a deliberate spike into the the mat.

I especially wanted to hit the kids behind the camera.

Yeah; any kind of suplex is not legal in folkstyle.

Go for it in freestyle and Greco though.

control, you mean still holding on to his body and maintaining control when you hit the ground?

That--I mean, you can't lift a guy up and just drop him, you have to come down with him and you have to let him down "with control", i.e., not just letting momentum and gravity take over; let him down gently, basically. They say, "with control", but basically, it means, let him down gently. Get a guy in the air, you have to basically set him down nicely.

Your coaches should explain all this to you though, if you are competing in folk style. If not, they are really taking a risk that you would get DQ'd in a match. Refs are generally quite stringent on the "no slam" policy.

Yes, super scary.
I train wrestling (nOOb) and the place where I train is more oriented towards greco than freestyle.
As soon as these guys have there arms around your core, they can just supplay you and smash your face on the mat. And of course they are very good at getting their arms around people's core.
Everytime that happens to me, I'm afraid that my opponent has a brain fart, i.e. competition reflex, and just supplay me head first on the mat.
Scary...

My wrestling days are long behind me, but suplays are terrifying. You have to really trust your partner.

Look at that shit head when he gets up off the mat after slamming that kid. He's walking around like a fucking gorilla... I'm surprised he didn't start doing the Vader "Who's the man!?" bit. Fucking a. Testosterone much?

I think in Folk the rule is that your knees have to hit the floor before your opponent does. And yes, every meet I've ever watched (my brother wrestled in college) they are super strict about slams.

Look at that shit head when he gets up off the mat after slamming that kid. He's walking around like a fucking gorilla... I'm surprised he didn't start doing the Vader "Who's the man!?" bit. Fucking a. Testosterone much?

In the 2nd vid or the 1st?

In the 2nd, I think the guy was aggravated his opponent kept tapping his head so much, so when he got his back, he went straight for the suplex/uranage, then took the back and sunk in the RNC/hadaka-jime.

In the 2nd, I think the guy was aggravated his opponent kept tapping his head so much, so when he got his back, he went straight for the suplex/uranage, then took the back and sunk in the RNC/hadaka-jime.

I think (hope) he meant the 1st with the (Jr?)HS wrestling match and the stupid teenagers.

I didn't see much wrong with the suplex in the no-gi vid, unless of course there were no slams allowed.

I think in Folk the rule is that your knees have to hit the floor before your opponent does. And yes, every meet I've ever watched (my brother wrestled in college) they are super strict about slams.

Yeah thats it; i forgot the exact rule.

ive never seen a ref call a slam except when someone blatantly lifts them up from a double but yeah its scary as fuck

Yeah, the first video.

Back