George Groves Signs On For World Boxing Super Series

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
WBA Super-Middleweight Super Champion George Groves (26-3, 19 KOs) has officially entered the revolutionary bracket-style elimination tournament for the GREATEST prize in boxing, the Muhammad Ali Trophy. The Saint, who comes off a spectacular TKO victory over Fedor Chudinov, is thrilled to defend his belt against the best of the best. “I see the World Boxing Super Series as a chance for me to show everyone that I'm the best in the division. I believe I am the best super-middleweight on the planet and certainly the man to beat at 168lbs [76.2 kg]," - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/george-g...ing-super-series--117599#sthash.twYS7er3.dpuf

In the inaugural season of the World Boxing Super Series, 16 elite fighters – eight super-middleweights and eight cruiserweights – will battle out a bracket-style elimination tournament. In both divisions, there will be four quarter-finals (September / October 2017), two semi-finals (early 2018) and one final (May 2018), making for a total of 14 high-class fights.

The exact pairings will be determined during a Draft Gala in Monaco in early July. In each weight class, the top-seeded boxers (which will be determined by the Comosa Board) will select their quarter-final opponents from the unseeded boxers. Once the pairings are set, the exact fight dates and venues will be announced. Further participants as well as details about the Draft Gala will be revealed shortly. - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/george-g...ing-super-series--117599#sthash.twYS7er3.dpuf

Awesome, the signings they've announced so far have been great and better than initial expectations

If Marko Huck isn't in the Cruiserweight bracket, then shit ain't legit.

If Marko Huck isn't in the Cruiserweight bracket, then shit ain't legit.
2 fresh prospects(GlowaCKI, and Mairis) who defeated Huck in dominating fashion are in the tournament...
Usyk is there too and he's light years better than Huck.

2 fresh prospects(GlowaCKI, and Mairis) who defeated Huck in dominating fashion are in the tournament...
Usyk is there too and he's light years better than Huck.

Wouldn't mind seeing the rematch then. Huck can still be the underdog–comeback story of the tournament. Imagine if he made it to the Finals? Don't count him out just yet.

Back