Gegard Mousasi vs. Jimi Manuwa

Franklin U.

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
If something should happen to C.Anderson in training, this would be a great fight to make at 205(if manuwa would accept)..
I think Manuwa cracks moose once or twice and is stunned by Gegards beard---from there, i see Mousasi picking him apart until he gets Jimi to ground where he finishes him there end of 1st / early 2nd.

Mousasi hasn't fought at 205 since 2011. Pretty sure he's trying to get into title contention. Going up to 205 to fight a top 15 guy seems a bit unlikely.

Mousasi would maul him, outbox him on the feet... maul him on the ground, why derail Manuwa in such a fight?

Mousasi wants to fight Weidman in may. They still need a decent main event for UFC London.

Manuwa would crush him easy.
Mousasi is good but but Sherdog overhypes him too much.

Everyone here is going to say Mousasi but Jimi Manuwa would maul him imo

Everyone here is going to say Mousasi but Jimi Manuwa would maul him imo
I respect your terrible prediction but gegard no stranger at 205 and former champion at class at 2 major promotions(retired DREAM 205)..
I just bring this up cause mousasi just looking to fight someone and manuwa a top 7 205er would still look great on gegards record(as a w , of course).
Jones, Cormier, Johnson and Gus would be only 4 ahead of Mousasi if Gegard went back up to 205.....just my opinion.
Mooses chin offsets Jimi s power....after that, Gegard has advantage everywhere, imho.

I'm a moose fan, but Manuwa stands a chance here. Moose got finished by Uriah Hall pretty recently and Manuwa has more power than Hall.

Lol at people bringing up the Uriah Hall KO. I thought we agreed it was the flukest of the flukes.

Manuwa would give Moose a run for his money but I see Mousasi's ground game and striking precision prevail.

I'm a moose fan, but Manuwa stands a chance here. Moose got finished by Uriah Hall pretty recently and Manuwa has more power than Hall.
Yeah, but Jimi doesnt move like Hall....not a great reference..
Oh shit--forgot to give u some hoops yesterday.
Honestly, I went 1-1 yesterday so no big deal.won my college , lost my nba.

Gegard jabbed Khal Latifi to death, Manuwa ain't too large for the Moose. Could give him fits standing that's for sure.

Im a huge Moose fan but that would be a hard fight for Gegard. I still think he would win but im more happy to see him in the MW division. I just see too many LHWS wrestlefucking him.

Ever since the Lawal fight ive been unhappy of the him facing Cormier or Jones or Weidman. But Hendo and OSP are good wrestlers too and couldnt get him down.

Im a huge Moose fan but that would be a hard fight for Gegard. I still think he would win but im more happy to see him in the MW division. I just see too many LHWS wrestlefucking him.

Ever since the Lawal fight ive been unhappy of the him facing Cormier or Jones or Weidman. But Hendo and OSP are good wrestlers too and couldnt get him down.
As a fellow mousasi supporter, the lawal fight was the best thing that happened to him.He now has a respectable wrestling defense....One positive thing from that nightmare and not too many people know this but Gegard probably spent 23 of 25 minutes on his back and king mo didnt pass guard once in its entirety.

I'd favor Gegard cause he is the better fighter but Manuwa is a big dude and isn't bad himself.

50/50.

WAR MOOSE !!!!!

Mousasi hasn't fought at 205 since 2011. Pretty sure he's trying to get into title contention. Going up to 205 to fight a top 15 guy seems a bit unlikely.
He tried to fight both Rumble, and DC at 205. And has said multiple times he'll fight at 205 if he cant get a fight at 185.

Back