GDR should go down as the worst champion in UFC history

DannyNL

The King is BACK, baby!
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not trying to fighter bash or be disrespectful, I've actually been a fan of GDR's for awhile, I love her aggressive thai boxing style.

But if you look at the OBJECTIVE TRUTHS, there's no other conclusion to come to IMO other than she was the worst champion in UFC history.

1. Won the belt in a brand new division that technically didn't even have any 145lbers signed, so there was literally 0 competition.

2. Won the title by beating an opponent who was on a two fight losing streak.

3. Won the fight in very controversial manner, where a lot of fans felt she didn't deserve the decision and/or should have been DQ'd due to strikes she threw after the bell.

4. Was stripped of the title because she refused to fight the #1 challenger.

I mean is there any title reign that could even come close to that kind of mediocrity? I've never heard of an MMA champion choosing to be stripped of their belt as opposed to fighting the #1 contender. The closest thing I can think of is when Riddick Bowe chose to throw his WBC World Heavyweight championship in the trash (literally) rather than fighting Lennox Lewis, who TKO'd him in the Olympics.

I'm not trying to fighter bash or be disrespectful, I've actually been a fan of GDR's for awhile, I love her aggressive thai boxing style.

But if you look at the OBJECTIVE TRUTHS, there's no other conclusion to come to IMO other than she was the worst champion in UFC history.

1. Won the belt in a brand new division that technically didn't even have any 145lbers signed, so there was literally 0 competition.

3. Won the fight in very controversial manner, where a lot of fans felt she didn't deserve the decision and/or should have been DQ'd due to strikes she threw after the bell.

I mean is there any title reign that could even come close to that kind of mediocrity? I've never heard of an MMA champion choosing to be stripped of their belt as opposed to fighting the #1 contender. The closest thing I can think of is when Riddick Bowe chose to throw his WBC World Heavyweight championship in the trash (literally) rather than fighting Lennox Lewis, who TKO'd him in the Olympics.
She's a "champion" just like this guy was a champ.

chael-sonnen-has-a-fake-ufc-championship-belt-375x360.jpg

She actually just vacated the belt and skipped a huge payday because she was so scared of the challenger.

Embarrassing scenes.

What's mind blowing to me is she's a part-time fighter who has one good but controversial name on her resume and she dislikes the Cyborg fight so much she refuses even when PPV points for Cormier vs Jones II is there for the taking. You would think that would be a great financial incentive for her to fight the only other contender in her division.

Her twitter/instagram rant to justify her stance. Cowardice on another level. Worst champion I'v seen in my time.

Hate to say it but I agree.

Chael fought anyone anytime. Including Jon Jones, Shogun and Rashad at 205.
I wouldn't call what he did as fighting it's more like talk your way into big fights and 90-95% of the time fold.

Well she's only been stripped once. And, the reason was to duck a known cheater. Throwing away a belt, and payday like that is really weird, though.

McGregor will end up being stripped twice. Ducking two complete divisions.

McGregor is worse.

I wouldn't call what he did as fighting it's more like talk your way into big fights and 90-95% of the time fold.
Chael+Sonnen+Guillotine+Chokes+Mauricio+Shogun+Rua+-+UFC+on+Fox+Sports+1.gif

Destroyed Shogun, beat up Anderson and broke Jon Jones' toe to become LHW champion.

Jonny after fighting Chael...

maxresdefault.jpg

Back