GB review: Orthopedic 12oz TopBoxer custom's

goldennboy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm going to start of by saying these are the most protective 12oz gloves iv'e came across and just as protective as my 16oz Winnings. There is no glove, pound for pound that could compare in terms of protection except of course Winning. But for the price and options, the logical choice is to get these.

Okay.

Now another thing I wan't to state is that every glove feels different. Muhammad makes differen't models.
-The model Bill sells us is my favorite because It's lean, compact and long.
-The punchers glove model Muhammad sells is bulkier, not as lean, and shorter on the cuff.
-The Ortho gloves Muhammad sells is extremely well distributed. Medium length cuff and just an overall great fit.

Now I understand guys like Strato and maybe Clamp like shorter cuffs, I like longer cuffs. Just personal preference. Much like shoes, some like to box in a high top, medium or low.

This glove has easily become my go-to bag glove. I wish I had ordered a second version of this glove in 16oz instead of the punchers glove model. This style is truly that good.

As for defects, There isn't really much to cry about. My left thumb has protruding padding on the inside that makes it a tad tighter then my right glove. I have the same issue on my right glove but it's on the fingertips rather then on the thumb.

Stitching, quality, color and lining is all on point.

I ordered metallic red, gold thumb attachment and black croc. Colors came out very well executed and just as well as I thought they'd come out.

Customer service was GREAT. Can't complain there, Muhammad is a true people's person and worked with me on every aspect. My only complaint is that I ordered a black croc inner thumb and the inner thumb came out metallic red. No big deal, But definitely make sure you're very detailed with what you want as there IS a slight language barrier.

Padding

Really one of the main reasons why this glove is so great, i've absolutely muscled these gloves for the past few weeks. I don't like hitting hard mitts or bags in general but If I had to, these or the winnings would be the gloves of choice.

Hopefully they last as long as I hope they could.

Wrist/Palm

The wrist I chose was flat, It has very good protection and if they're laced up correct they should give you enough support as long as your hands are wrapped up. The palm has extra padding, which I chose. Definitely makes a difference, more comfort and support.

Laces are extra long a-la Cleto Reyes style. They used to bring such short laces, but now the laces are just super extra mega long. This is a good thing if you ask me, but it could also boil down to that personal preference area.

Customization

Custom, custom and more custom.. Basically anything you wan't could be made lol. Not much to say in this area as you all very well know this already.

Summarry

Please, if you're interested in these gloves read the whole review. It's filled with basically everything you need to know about them.

Any questions regarding prices, go through Bill. I got a slight discount since I ordered more then one product. It all depends on what exactly you want, how many items you're ordering etc.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Description of impact is really hard to explain, it's one of those things where you'd have to experience to truly understand.

If you've used winning gloves before, the padding is very similar.

You'll just have to take my word for it right now when I say these gloves don't disappoint at all.

I'm actually even thinking of just ditching every other model and stick with this one when deciding on next purchases

Great review bro! Sounds exciting. I have had 16oz ortho's (bealieu) and 10oz ortho (tb sig line) for quite some time now and they look great. Haven't used them yet due to some a rather unfortunate gym (read: lack there of) situation atm.

Great review bro! Sounds exciting. I have had 16oz ortho's (bealieu) and 10oz ortho (tb sig line) for quite some time now and they look great. Haven't used them yet due to some a rather unfortunate gym (read: lack there of) situation atm.

Do they feel at all different upon putting them on your hand

Neither has truly been broken in yet but surprisingly the 10oz feel much better. TB said he tried to put a hybrid ortho+winning padding in them just as an experiment though so that may have something to do with it.

BVilDJ.jpg

OsdPyD.jpg

bl4x3S.jpg

could,nt resist...lol

Holy balls those are good lookin' gloves! :eek:
Look good, feel good, right? :D

Thanks Muhammad!

I couldn't get good pictures with my camera. The gloves have such a shine and color to them that it's like my camera doesn't even recognize it.

Muhammad probably has a very high quality camera to get those shots.

Beautiful gloves man, great color and material choices. How much they set you back?

Edit: Saw your part about contacting Bill for pricing, my bad.

Beautiful gloves man, great color and material choices. How much they set you back?

It's funny how people keep going through Bill eventhough they know that he is a middle man...

Hey bro,

I actually went through Muhammad. He'll definitely hook you up bud

^lol, Macho Camacho

they arent as "fat" as I thought they'd be

Well GB has claimed to us that he is actually related to camacho and we know his first name is mikey so honestly the writing is just his name, not a tribute to Hector as most would think.

Also interesting second comment. I think he must have small hands because I thought somewhat the same thing. My 10oz orthopedics are wider than his 12oz orthopedics but my hands are disproportionately large. GB's glove are much more streamlined than mine.

As for the gloves, they look marvelous. I can see what you mean GB by wanting the inner thumb croc but they turned out great regardless.

Well as you know, Muhammad is always trying to develop into making better gear. Maybe this is a product of that.

Magic, aren't your orthopedics a blend? Maybe that's why they're wider.

Thanks! And yes, I do have small/medium hands

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back