Gary Clark Jr. - Blues and 'Lil Bit of Rock

Hes great ive been a fan since he was just a local dude playing blues downtown everynight.

Hes great ive been a fan since he was just a local dude playing blues downtown everynight.
That had to be fantastic. I love watching bands play in small joints and bars.

The apostrophe exists for a reason. It doesn't exist just for show, to place on a page indiscriminately just because it looks good there, or just because one feels like it. For example, it's used to replace letters, such as in the term "rock 'n' roll". The apostrophes in this term have replaced the "a" and the "d" in the word "and". It's not "rock 'n roll" or "rock n' roll", although many write it those ways. Another example is regarding the word "little". You can write it in colloquial short form as Lil or LIL, but if you add an apostrophe and write 'Lil, that's just wrong. Not that anyone cares, but as a career ESL teacher I notice these things, get annoyed by them, and sometimes comment on them on social media forums. If even one person benefits from my Grammar Nazi or Punctuation Nazi rants, that's good enough for me.

Write well, appear smart. Appearance matters.

Last edited:
So good.

Gary Clark is a new one for me and already a bit of a revelation. Thanks for posting all these gorgeous blues songs, ts. Looking forward to listen more :)

Been a fan since seeing him at Clapton's Crossroads in 2010. (Which I just noticed is where the first video posted of Bright Lights was recorded.) He is a fantastic performer.

The apostrophe exists for a reason. It doesn't exist just for show, to place on a page indiscriminately just because it looks good there, or just because one feels like it. For example, it's used to replace letters, such as in the term "rock 'n' roll". The apostrophes in this term have replaced the "a" and the "d" in the word "and". It's not "rock 'n roll" or "rock n' roll", although many write it those ways. Another example is regarding the word "little". You can write it in colloquial short form as Lil or LIL, but if you add an apostrophe and write 'Lil, that's just wrong. Not that anyone cares, but as a career ESL teacher I notice these things, get annoyed by them, and sometimes comment on them on social media forums. If even one person benefits from my Grammar Nazi or Punctuation Nazi rants, that's good enough for me.

Write well, appear smart. Appearance matters.
This is how you repay me for a Gary Clark Jr. thread? Opioid crisis indeed. Please OD today.

Back