Garcia VS Thurman: A Technical Summary (Video)

Nice share adding it to my thread this made me change my mind DSG is in for an uphill battle

Thanks, what in the video made you change your mind?
How Danny gets thrown off by the fients and long jabs

Thurman can fient and leave Danny guessing too much

How Danny gets thrown off by the fients and long jabs

Thurman can fient and leave Danny guessing too much

Big question is Thurman able stick to jabbing and not get into big exchanges with DSG. I agree if Keith works off the jab and moves he'll win.

Big question is Thurman able stick to jabbing and not get into big exchanges with DSG. I agree if Keith works off the jab and moves he'll win.

I'm actually curious to see who gets the better of it when they do exchange. Garcia's timing is great but he's hittable when misdirected, and while Thurman can be hurt he also packs a much bigger punch. Almost took Porter's head off with some of those shots.

I'm actually curious to see who gets the better of it when they do exchange. Garcia's timing is great but he's hittable when misdirected, and while Thurman can be hurt he also packs a much bigger punch. Almost took Porter's head off with some of those shots.

Has DSG been hurt before? I can't think of any.

Has DSG been hurt before? I can't think of any.

Yeah like Mr2urbo said he was slightly hurt against Judah and in the last exchanges against Matthysse. But not badly wobbled I don't think. His chin is solid. But then again that's against guys at 140. Thurman has to hit harder than Matthysse

Hard to predict this one, Thurman is going to be very tempted to check Garcias chin, cant really say Garcia can take Thurmans power or not, if he does, I can see DSG winning by landing his no look left hook during exchanges, Thurman has matured a lot more than Garcia and im very curious to see if he abandons his game plan which im sure will be outboxing Garcia, that is again if he can shake off Garcias attempts to make it an ugly fight and stay disciplined, kind of like what Peterson did.

As mentioned by others Thurman has every tool needed to trounce Garcia, but will he stick to a controlled game plan the entire fight? I don't think so... I'm guessing Garcia 7-5 in rounds via outworking the Floridian.

As mentioned by others Thurman has every tool needed to trounce Garcia, but will he stick to a controlled game plan the entire fight? I don't think so... I'm guessing Garcia 7-5 in rounds via outworking the Floridian.

I think Thurman is going to switch it up round to round rather than just use one gameplan. Half the fight might look like he's channeling Herrera, the other half Peterson. Not necessarily in consecutive rounds either but mixed up. Meanwhile Danny is going to fight the same way he always does, patiently behind his guard focusing on accuracy.

Yeah like Mr2urbo said he was slightly hurt against Judah and in the last exchanges against Matthysse. But not badly wobbled I don't think. His chin is solid. But then again that's against guys at 140. Thurman has to hit harder than Matthysse
I've seen Matthysse sleep decent fighters with one shot. Thurman breaks guys down.

I think Thurman is going to switch it up round to round rather than just use one gameplan. Half the fight might look like he's channeling Herrera, the other half Peterson. Not necessarily in consecutive rounds either but mixed up. Meanwhile Danny is going to fight the same way he always does, patiently behind his guard focusing on accuracy.
No way can Thurman do what Herrera does. Thurman may be a better fighter than Herrera all around but Thurman feels punches more than Herrera does. Herrera took Provodnikov and Garcia's best punches.

I've seen Matthysse sleep decent fighters with one shot. Thurman breaks guys down.

At 140. I don't think Matthysse would rock Porter the same way, at worst it's even. Or a different kind of punch, Thurman's have more weight, Matthysse just hits hard.

No way can Thurman do what Herrera does. Thurman may be a better fighter than Herrera all around but Thurman feels punches more than Herrera does. Herrera took Provodnikov and Garcia's best punches.

Herrera didn't get hit by much of Garcia's punches and I'm not sure Garcia is going to hurt Thurman too badly. Again Herrera is at 140 and Thurman is a true welterweight.

Herrera ate a lot of punches against Garcia. Body shots especially.

Herrera ate a lot of punches against Garcia. Body shots especially.

Garcia is more accurate but probably less powerful than Porter. Thurman took his body shots fine. Got bothered at one point but for 12 rounds they never slowed him.

At 140. I don't think Matthysse would rock Porter the same way, at worst it's even. Or a different kind of punch, Thurman's have more weight, Matthysse just hits hard.

I'd give Lucas a good chance at hurting Porter at 147. I don't think Broner is a big puncher at 147 either but he still managed to floor Shawn. Grant it Broner is fast and caught Porter being overconfident. But I'm not sure that Lucas has less of a chance landing a punch than Broner either. Broner's output is low, and I think Matthysse's willingness to exchange would allow him to land some big shots.

I'd give Lucas a good chance at hurting Porter at 147. I don't think Broner is a big puncher at 147 either but he still managed to floor Shawn. Grant it Broner is fast and caught Porter being overconfident. But I'm not sure that Lucas has less of a chance landing a punch than Broner either. Broner's output is low, and I think Matthysse's willingness to exchange would allow him to land some big shots.

Broner Matthysse is definitely an intruiguing fight, but I was right about Thurman not being too bothered by Garcias punches

Broner Matthysse is definitely an intruiguing fight, but I was right about Thurman not being too bothered by Garcias punches

You got it. I said something similar back around his Guerrero fight. He has just enough pop to keep you honest but not much more at 147.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back