Garcia vs Morales 2, October 20 Brooklyn

Morales got knocked out??? What happened? Shit

Got hit with a very tight single left hook counter and fell straight back and almost out of the ring. His corner stepped in immediately, but he wasn't going to make the count even if they didn't.

Got hit with a very tight single left hook counter and fell straight back and almost out of the ring. His corner stepped in immediately, but he wasn't going to make the count even if they didn't.

Aw man that's sad to hear. How was he doing before then?

wow, Morales spun around from that left hook. Brutal knockout.
Great victory for Garcia, but im feeling for Morales.

N'Dam made 400k for that fight. Not too shabby.

Danny Swift is a cool ass nickname. I always wonder what my nickname would be if I was a fighter. It would be awesome, I know that.

I wonder why there is always one judge who gives it to Malignaggi right up the ass. 118-109 for Cano.....

The main event was ridiculous. Eric nearly got chinned last time and now against a young fast improving fighter they expected... what?

N'dam/Quillin though was fantastic. Hassan has skills, great feet, sweet jab, tremendous fitness and recovery. Peter has fast hands, hits like a mule and handles a shot well. Will be watching both guys from here on, they made a fan of me.

Garcia showed great maturity and patience between last night's fight and the Khan fight, cant wait to see him and Mathysse duke it out, that fight has FOTY written all over it.

Malignaggi won the fight IMO, he was on defensive mode the entire fight and Cano really never had him in any trouble except for the 11th round, as they say: the challenger must take the title away from the Champ and Cano just came up short.

And finally, im so glad the Bailey hype is over, I never really understood it, dude has KO wins over sub par competition, he couldnt even KO or finish Pernell Whitaker KO victim Dio Hurtado.

I think people knew what Bailey was. I think people wanted to see Alexander lose to a guy like Bailey.

And finally, im so glad the Bailey hype is over, I never really understood it, dude has KO wins over sub par competition, he couldnt even KO or finish Pernell Whitaker KO victim Dio Hurtado.

I'm not sure Bailey ever really got "hype".

Bailey's a boxer who even at his absolute peak was never better than average with one very important exception... he's got power like you wouldn't believe. Each of his fights essentially come down to whether he can land clean shots against his opponents without being either outclassed or beaten up himself... at the top level he normally can't, at lower levels he's far more successful.

The Jones fight shows everything Bailey is... completely outboxed for the entire bout then lands two clean punches and wins the fight. That's the risk he always possess for opponents. But if someone can take his power away... and lots have... or hurt him first, he's far less effective. That's all he's ever been and as far as I can tell that's all that most people think of him as.

People hoped he'd KO Alexander, a guy who's put on a number of fairly awful fights and has never been that loveable personality wise... but there's a reason Alexander was the favourite and pre-fight some commentators thought a stoppage in his favour was a decent possibility.

I had to work and forgot to DVr. From reading all this I feel bumed out.

I'm not sure Bailey ever really got "hype".

Bailey's a boxer who even at his absolute peak was never better than average with one very important exception... he's got power like you wouldn't believe. Each of his fights essentially come down to whether he can land clean shots against his opponents without being either outclassed or beaten up himself... at the top level he normally can't, at lower levels he's far more successful.

The Jones fight shows everything Bailey is... completely outboxed for the entire bout then lands two clean punches and wins the fight. That's the risk he always possess for opponents. But if someone can take his power away... and lots have... or hurt him first, he's far less effective. That's all he's ever been and as far as I can tell that's all that most people think of him as.

People hoped he'd KO Alexander, a guy who's put on a number of fairly awful fights and has never been that loveable personality wise... but there's a reason Alexander was the favourite and pre-fight some commentators thought a stoppage in his favour was a decent possibility.

So is Alexander a top level fighter?

He did make Bailey look like a fool last night with his annoying herky jerky style that's wnning him fights but wont get him anywhere the top level either, plus he'd better enjoy that title while it lasts, 147 is hostile territory for him

All the top 147 lbrs should be licking their chops right now

So is Alexander a top level fighter?

He did make Bailey look like a fool last night with his annoying herky jerky style that's wnning him fights but wont get him anywhere the top level either, plus he'd better enjoy that title while it lasts, 147 is hostile territory for him

All the top 147 lbrs should be licking their chops right now

Outside of Pac,Floyd & Bradley. Whos is there at 147 that can beat him. He beats Paulie, he already embraressed Marcos. He makes a good fight against Ortiz,Ghost,Brooks& Berto,MIGHT lose but can make it close and could win. So he is one of the top guys at 147.IMO

Last edited:
Back