Television Game of Thrones Prequel KNIGHT OF SEVEN KINGDOMS: THE HEDGE KNIGHT (Casts Dunk and Egg, post #46)

This could be a great series if done right. Dunk and Egg is one of my all time favs.

Trashing GRRM for not finishing yet is just the cool sheeple thing to do. If you read the books and have a brain you'll know he'll finish brilliantly. Stop being too cool for school assholes. You're all Joffreys
I feel like if you have a brain you’re on the side of “there’s little hope, and yet it continues to dwindle”. He’s old, very overweight, hardly motivated, and focused on fifty different other things. Dude can live his life, but I’m gonna be salty about it.

Dunk and Egg have been cast!

‘Game Of Thrones’ Spinoff ‘A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms’ Casts Peter Claffey & Dexter Sol Ansell In Lead Roles

They both look the part.

This Claffey guy is apparently a former rugby player and is 196cm tall (that a bit over 6ft 5). Put him in the right boots and make him bulk up to something close to his rugby days physique and he will be as close to a book accurate Dunk as we could hope for.

And the kid just looks like a Targaryen without the need for any makeup.

It’s a shame that GRRM doesn’t write more short stories. He’s a wonderful author but damn is he lazy
He's an obese geezer manlet who is getting pussy at comicons, no incentive for him to write anything at this point

And no we don't need more of this game of throbbing penors shit, the original show has 4 brilliant seasons and they should have just stopped there

He's an obese geezer manlet who is getting pussy at comicons, no incentive for him to write anything at this point

And no we don't need more of this game of throbbing penors shit, the original show has 4 brilliant seasons and they should have just stopped there
House of the Dragon was worth doing as there's a complete story outline.

i wonder if they ordered & put out House of the Dragon before taking on Dunk & Egg just to see if there was still any interest left in the world of ASOIAF after pissing everyone off w/ the final season of GoT. since that was a pretty resounding ‘yes’ they finally went ahead an ordered this to series like they should’ve done a decade ago

i wonder if they ordered & put out House of the Dragon before taking on Dunk & Egg just to see if there was still any interest left in the world of ASOIAF after pissing everyone off w/ the final season of GoT. since that was a pretty resounding ‘yes’ they finally went ahead an ordered this to series like they should’ve done a decade ago
Dunk and Egg is pretty straightforward medieval fare. It doesn't make sense to create a much more expensive show just to get a feel if people would like 2 dudes traveling in a forest.

Yet the one every fan wants no news at all really. MAKE SNOW if done right would change alot of feelings on Got ending. Why ffs won't they make Snow first!

Yet the one every fan wants no news at all really. MAKE SNOW if done right would change alot of feelings on Got ending. Why ffs won't they make Snow first!

There is already source material for Dunk and Egg.

I personally have zero interest in a Jon Snow show.

There is already source material for Dunk and Egg.

I personally have zero interest in a Jon Snow show.

I just hope they don't drag out a novella you can read in three hours into a ten hour season.

You could wrap up all three dunk and egg novellas in 9-12 hours as a one off series.

Dunk and Egg is pretty straightforward medieval fare. It doesn't make sense to create a much more expensive show just to get a feel if people would like 2 dudes traveling in a forest.
if HBO is dumping money into this story, they're not going to take a minimal approach due to the simpler storytelling (compared to ASOIAF) of the source material

Back