Game of the year awards (2016 Edition)

Hyperglide

Tell Apathy
@Gold
Reaction score
Place to review and talk about multiple publications game of the year awards.

AngryJoe

ACG

IGN

Gamespot

Giantbomb (actual video still too come)

TotalBiscuit

Discuss. Looks like DOOM, and Overwatch are the big winners. Looks like No Mans Sky and Resident Evil Umbrella corps are the big losers.

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of hidden gems came out this year that were really good and not played by a lot of people not mentioned in the other thread by @Eazy123 "Your 2016 GOTY"

Hyperlight Drifter
Thumper
Furi
Brigador
Firewatch
Inside
Hitman
Civilization VI
Stardew Valley
The Witness
Superhot
Xcom 2
Titanfall 2
The Turing Test
Oxenfree
Event [0]

So many more... 2016 was a great year for games!

Last edited:
Overwatch is going to win the DICE.

I don't think it will win at the Game Developer's Choice Awards. Look at that ceremony's history. Clearly developers hate working on MMO's. More unique single player experiences, especially those that focus on narrative or technical innovation, are the dream destinations for developers, unsurprisingly. Nobody likes to labor over endless networking code glitches (I forget how many millions of lines of code WoW was putting out per second when it was at its peak subscription base). Naughty Dog is the only two-time GOTY winner in the history of the GDCA, so I suppose Uncharted 4 has a strong chance even though it is apparent it didn't quite live up to the previous two. If the fact it took a decade to make doesn't hurt how developers perceive it, then I suppose The Last Guardian is an early favorite, too.

Back