Galway vs Waterford: All-Ireland Hurling Final 2017

Rimbaud82

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Don't expect many responses but as always I'll post anyway just in case...

This years All-Ireland final was a huge occasion, either team winning would break extremely long winless streaks (Waterford hadn't won since 1959 and Galway since 1988). Since the 90s the championship has started to be dominated by either Tipperary or Kilkenny (most recently) so it was going to be a good final either way. Video is time-stamped for the anthem just before the throw-in.

I'll not say who wins, in case anyone is curious enough to watch, but it was an outstanding match and a good showcase for "the fastest game of grass".

Cool. My dad mentioned this on the weekend as my grandfather is from Galway (and played in an all-Ireland football final in the 50s). My uncle played in an all-Irland hurling final but he was born in Dublin (Monkstown).

Cool. My dad mentioned this on the weekend as my grandfather is from Galway (and played in an all-Ireland football final in the 50s). My uncle played in an all-Irland hurling final but he was born in Dublin (Monkstown).

Remember you mentioned that before, really cool! I am from Monkstown too actually lol, but a different one just outside Belfast...generic enough placename I suppose.

Remember you mentioned that before, really cool! I am from Monkstown too actually lol, but a different one just outside Belfast...generic enough placename I suppose.

That's hilarious. I didn't think there was another one other than the Monkstown my dad was from in Dublin. Unfortunately I've only been to Ireland twice and not had the chance to see the country -- never mind Northern Ireland.

My grandmother was Kerry.

That's hilarious. I didn't think there was another one other than the Monkstown my dad was from in Dublin. Unfortunately I've only been to Ireland twice and not had the chance to see the country -- never mind Northern Ireland.

My grandmother was Kerry.

Well if you are ever in the north give me a shout and I'll buy you a pint :)

Cheers for the replay as always chara,had a mass/funeral to attend so it was nice to get my mind straight like with some positive football smash 'em up.What a match!Cheers m8. Surprise,surprise it was this wank that responded to your post.. sorry :p:eek::eek::eek: @Rimbaud82

Back