FX's FARGO Discussion Thread

Most of this is off topic, you are turning this into a left vs right debate, which BTW is also a murrkan import.

BUt we seem to agree on the original question, which is that the woke agenda has been imported in Germany. I think it's very obvious. Nobody was whining about mean weisse Männer 10 years ago, nor about owing non white people anything, nor about the whole Gender nonsense. I have been living in Germany for more than 15 years I am have witnessed the megamorphosis.

But Germany is not alone. France has been contaminated big time as well and the UK is long gone.
LOL, Ive been born in germany, half polish/german and I never heard anyone say "bad white man". Only reasonable discussions about white supremacy and patriachy ;)

Cheers!

<Selugi>

LOL, Ive been born in germany, half polish/german and I never heard anyone say "bad white man". Only reasonable discussions about white supremacy and patriachy ;)

Cheers!

<Selugi>
Never opened the Süddeutsche Zeitung? Never been in Berlin I guess. Just for starters.

Can you guys list all the easter eggs you've seen this Season, or throughout the whole series?

First few that I noticed off the bat:
- The music used is the same as the original movie
- The home invasion was a similar scene in the movie/this season with Dorothy knitting a purple quilt
- The dealer plates are back, and the titty bar
- Mention of Amelia Gaerhart

Anything else that you guys can remember?

Just watched season 2 and I enjoyed it.
Tremendous cast.

Which season should I watch next?
I hear 4 is a dud.

Thinking either
S1 w Billy Bob
Or
S5 w Juno Temple

Tremendous cast.

I hear 4 is a dud.

Thinking either
S1 w Billy Bob
Or
S5 w Juno Temple

Season 1 and 3 are on par with each other, and I think Season 2 and 5 are the same in that sense.

Watch Season 1 as I think it still holds up as the best of them all.

Just finished season 5 was pretty good for the most part, the last scene was great.

8/10 overall for me, much better than season 4.

Tremendous cast.

I hear 4 is a dud.

Thinking either
S1 w Billy Bob
Or
S5 w Juno Temple
Season 1 is the best season . 2 and 5 good as well. I’m finishing 5 tonight

I watched season 3 first, so it was the GOAT at the time, just amazing. Then season 4 which whilst I like it, was nowhere near it.

So I found myself watching season 1 and 2 this December back to back, being excited for season 5.

So I now think seasons 1 and 5 are on the level, but I have season 5 at 9.9/10 maybe because of recency bias and Jon Hamm is my favorite villian.

I think season 5 was the most predictable season of TV I've ever watched. I liked it better than 4 and it was somewhat entertaining, but 10 episodes was too long for a story that had no suspense and was largely just rehashing the incompetent criminal, hyper-competent protagonist thing every episode.

Tremendous cast.

I hear 4 is a dud.

Thinking either
S1 w Billy Bob
Or
S5 w Juno Temple
I think season 2 is the best thing I’ve ever watched. Season 1 is really good as well; I’m 4 episodes into season 5 (my wife started watching it in bed and next thing you know, I’m in) and it’s pretty good.

should just have made episode 9 a bit longer and ended it on the ranch with maybe keeping the roy in prison scene.

Majority of episode 10 was just unnecessary imo.

As with past seasons, with the exception of last season, the thing that makes Fargo stand out is the performances. Truly great performances all-around. Perhaps nobody did more with less than Lamorne Morris as the happenstance deputy, and true protagonist of the season, misfortunately caught up in this criminal imbroglio.

Except for one. Jennifer Jason Leigh. She's awful. Terrible miscasting. Her role could have brought so much more emotional weight.

Can you guys list all the easter eggs you've seen this Season, or throughout the whole series?

First few that I noticed off the bat:
- The music used is the same as the original movie
- The home invasion was a similar scene in the movie/this season with Dorothy knitting a purple quilt
- The dealer plates are back, and the titty bar
- Mention of Amelia Gaerhart

Anything else that you guys can remember?
The turquoise colored tracking device with the extended antenna that Gator uses to track Munch, is the same one from No Country for Old Men. If I’m not mistaken, I’m pretty sure they used that in another season but I don’t remember 🤔.
Even the way Roy has the introduction monologue about being apart of a lineage of sheriffs is much like the Tommy Lee Jones’ monologue at the first of No Country.

Back