Fury is the best HW of the modern era.

RudimarChute

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Prove me wrong. Got robbed against Wilder, easily beat Wlad and will beat AJ. No HW of that size has EVER moved like that. He just made the HW division great again. THERES ONLY ONE TYSON FURY!

giphy.gif

ValuableColorlessBarnowl-size_restricted.gif

ali-frazier-fury-wilder-1222018-getty-ftr_1p9mu7n598sbe1o9lsl73zjn18.png

bce5b38f6155e61568ff0a370db6c1be

boxer1-625274.jpg

He's good. He needs to pick up some big wins before being called the greatest. An old Wladmir and a draw with a guy half of boxing makes fun of isn't that great of a resume.

Fury is 6'9, there haven't been many HWs that size to even make that judgment.

Ali was the best moving HW I have ever seen. Fury is good with movement, but he is no Ali.

Fury got a draw. He hasn't fought AJ, so he still needs to establish a fair share of things before we can come to that conclusion.

Is it possible if he remains focused, which I hope for, we shall see.

Fury is 6'9, there haven't been many HWs that size to even make that judgment.

Ali was the best moving HW I have ever seen. Fury is good with movement, but he is no Ali.

Fury got a draw. He hasn't fought AJ, so he still needs to establish a fair share of things before we can come to that conclusion.

Is it possible if he remains focused, which I hope for, we shall see.
I agree with most of your post but that was NOT a draw! 115-111 Fury is the BEST Wilder could possibly deserve. Total robbery it’s not even debatable.

I think he has the potential to be, just needs to prove it and improve more. I feel the same way about Joshua and if Wilder makes the proper adjustments, him too. Plus, until Joshua is beaten, the claim of the being the best HW in the world at the moment cannot be made; much less the best HW of the era. In a few years this discussion will be much more fun, I just don't think there is enough to go off of right now though.

I agree with most of your post but that was NOT a draw! 115-111 Fury is the BEST Wilder could possibly deserve. Total robbery it’s not even debatable.

I can respect that. I like them both, I think it was a draw for a few reasons. Actually, I think the fight should have been waved. Fury was out (briefly), even if he wasn't I think the count was questionable. He was still getting up, and the ref allowed him to walk it off AFTER he counted to 10. This is another debate piece, however, I am exhausted at the debate. It doesn't matter what I think, I will respect a draw.

In any case, Fury has the tools to be the greatest in the division. However, there are still belts out there. Fury has the best chance I think of earning that title. I also thought Fury was a tougher fight than AJ for Wilder.

HOWEVER, I'm not convinced Fury will have his way with AJ. I also question if he could box circles around Ortiz. So, we'll have to see.

I agree .. he will beat joshua and he's already beaten klitschko and wilder

His win against Wlad was a miracle with perfect timing. 9 out of 10 rematches I'd have still picked an old Wlad. Comparing him with prime Wlad or Vitaly based on that fight is crazy. Also Wilder would get put in a body bag by the Bros.

The era we're talking about is barely beginning. Fury deserves props for the Wlad win and the Wilder draw. Wilder deserves props for the Ortiz win and the Fury draw. Joshua deserves props for the Wlad and Whyte wins. All 3 also have a couple of decent wins, but their resumes aren't great yet and they are still young. We'll know who's the best of the bunch in a few years.

Last edited:
The era we're talking about is barely beginning. Fury deserves props for the Wlad win and the Wilder draw. Wilder deserves props for the Ortiz win and the Fury draw. Joshua deserves props for the Wlad and Whyte wins. All also have a couple of decent wins, but their resumes aren't great yet and they are still young. We'll know who's the best of the bunch in a few years.

Yep, and all heavyweights drop fights at some point too. Fury could beat Joshua, and Joshua could come back and beat Fury later. Wilder could KO Fury in the rematch, and still lose a third bout against him the next day. Joshua could beat both Fury and Wilder and then get KOd by a guy like Ortiz or one of the younger upcoming prospects. It takes something special to go unbeaten for a stretch of time at heavyweight and none of these guys have separated themselves much from the competition yet. It's too soon to guess how it'll all play out.

This is the beggining of the post-Klitschko era. The era of modern giants and will be composed of AJ, Fury and Wilder. It began with the Wilder vs Fury epic draw and is to be continued with other clashes between them in 2019 and 2020. From the outside potential dark horses could be Whyte and Usyk in the near future and other prospects in the more distant future.

lol, you've gone from claiming boxing is dead in here after big fights a few times on here, to claiming Lomachenko is easily the greatest boxer to ever live, and now you're talking about Fury being the greatest HW of the modern era. Maybe take a breath and settle down a bit, man.

Last edited:
Back