Funny news : Man steals 50,000 rupees from Mosque; says matter is between him and Allah

What usually happens to the donated money ? Is most of the money skimmed off by the Iman who runs the mosque?
Idk, its just that zakat donations are supposed to go to the poor and if that note is true(big if though) then it would be sort of violating the spirit of zakat to deny a poor person some help if they came to your mosque.

Who knows, maybe I'm being hard on this mosque and they actually spend their money towards helping the community when they can.

Idk, its just that zakat donations are supposed to go to the poor and if that note is true(big if though) then it would be sort of violating the spirit of zakat to deny a poor person some help if they came to your mosque.

Who knows, maybe I'm being hard on this mosque and they actually spend their money towards helping the community when they can.
Leaving this mosque aside , does most of the donated money (for Mosques in general) go to the poor?

Leaving this mosque aside , does most of the donated money (for Mosques in general) go to the poor?
Idk, I think that would strongly depend on the mosque and its context. Certain mosques might have affiliations with this or that militia in this or that 3rd world country and might siphon off funds for them. In the US I would bet they try to spend their donations wisely but not really sure in Pakistan.

I have heard that some imams in places like Pakistan scam people with Islamic finance. They tell them that they will invest their money in halal ways but just run off with it. If they would do so with money that's supposed to be invested you have to figure they would do so with free money given to them with no strings attached.

Idk, I think that would strongly depend on the mosque and its context. Certain mosques might have affiliations with this or that militia in this or that 3rd world country and might siphon off funds for them. In the US I would bet they try to spend their donations wisely but not really sure in Pakistan.

I have heard that some imams in places like Pakistan scam people with Islamic finance. They tell them that they will invest their money in halal ways but just run off with it. If they would do so with money that's supposed to be invested you have to figure they would do so with free money given to them with no strings attached.
I wonder if Mosques in the Arab world are (for the most part) honest and if thieving by Imans is limited generally to South Asia.

I wonder if Mosques in the Arab world are (for the most part) honest and if thieving by Imans is limited generally to South Asia.
Could be. I bet a lot of local mosques are used as centers where the community can organize and try to provide basic relief for one another in times of need given the general ineffectiveness and unwillingness of the state to do so in a lot of Arab countries.

Saw this posted on Reddit World News.

So some guy in Pakistan stole 50,000 rupees from the donations box in a Mosque. He left behind a note stating he is poor and when he asked the Iman for help, he was thrown out. He said he took the money and that no one should come after him because the matter is between him and Allah.

Sounds legit. Checkmate atheists.

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/6j94s8/pakistan_man_steals_rs_50k_from_mosque_says/

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...him-and-god/story-JWl3mRAm6BoPrdtXDd80XK.html

How many hands do they cut off for stealing 50,000 rupees?

Exclusive photo of the suspect running away

e7ff64e4d384db703ea48b519c8676a5.jpg

Could be. I bet a lot of local mosques are used as centers where the community can organize and try to provide basic relief for one another in times of need given the general ineffectiveness and unwillingness of the state to do so in a lot of Arab countries.
I mean is there a difference in level of corruption/scamming in Arab mosques vs. South Asian mosques? And I don't mean here in the West, but in the Arab world vs. South Asia.

I mean is there a difference in level of corruption/scamming in Arab mosques vs. South Asian mosques? And I don't mean here in the West, but in the Arab world vs. South Asia.
No I got what meant but unfortunately I can't give you a good answer.

Back