Funny how that awful 5 round title fight got rousing applause in Boston...

brackis1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Weird how fans normally boo the hell out of a fight ending with 10 minutes of gassed hugging, but Miocic gets a standing ovation over it in Boston. Wonder why that could be...? Not from there. No special backstory. Hmmmm :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

Fans cheered Couture laying on Sylvia for five rounds too.

Because the Boston fans knew he just defended the title 3 times. They're not noobs.

They cheered the shit out of DC, did you not hear that?

Weird how fans normally boo the hell out of a fight ending with 10 minutes of gassed hugging, but Miocic gets a standing ovation over it in Boston. Wonder why that could be...? Not from there. No special backstory. Hmmmm :rolleyes:
Don’t you know how open minded Boston fans are known to be. They probably just appreciate a good ground game.

Because stipe was an underdog and people were writing him off big time just hoping Francis fuckin battered him. It was disrespectful the way the UFC clearly wanted Francis to fuck him up. All they seen was dollar signs and stipe had other plans lol. Francis isnt going anywhere, in a year I bet they get Francis another title shot and I bet he'll win. In the mean time stipe is gonna kick the shit out of Cain Velasquez and ko werdum again and go out the greatest hw of all time.

Great crowd in Boston.
Villante vs Borroso was shit, I kinda felt bad that they had to witness that.

Maybe bc he is a serviceman in his daily life being a firefighter. Bostonians appreciate hardworking people, they also know their sports very very well.

I think all of the people complaining about this fight must be the people that jumped on the Ngannou hype train, because Miocic was fantastic tonight. He fought a perfect fight.

How about you stop implying shit like a retarded conspiracy theorist and instead write your opinion in the OP.

Is it so people can't put a finger on why you are dumb piece of shit? Hmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Ngannou disrespected the American president. Americans were happy to see him get beat down. No big mystery here.

No different than Chael disrespecting Brazil and Brazilians enjoying him lose.

I think all of the people complaining about this fight must be the people that jumped on the Ngannou hype train, because Miocic was fantastic tonight. He fought a perfect fight.
Not really. Intelligent fans knew Francis' only chance was an early KO and that Stipe would need to take him down. The difference is irrational fanbois who can somehow do mental gymnastics to ignore the fact that the last 2 rounds were anything but fantastic. Perfect fight? What a joke. Cormier fought a perfect fight.

Because they know why the fight is going the way its going. It's the same reason why everyone cheered when DC ran through Volkan like a midnight snack once it hit the ground. Or when Couture successfully took down Tony. They know the drama lies within Stipe's mistakes....and that is why they cheered because MMA fans know the why's and how's of a fighter's approach.

They started booing when Stipe was leaning on Francis's neck a long time, I think in the fourth or third.

Not really. Intelligent fans knew Francis' only chance was an early KO and that Stipe would need to take him down. The difference is irrational fanbois who can somehow do mental gymnastics to ignore the fact that the last 2 rounds were anything but fantastic. Perfect fight? What a joke. Cormier fought a perfect fight.

I just said this in another thread, but I would have liked to see Stipe start going for the finish from the third round, but I think he was planning on trying to finish in the fifth, but he missed the first two takedowns in that round and Ngannou looked like he got some energy back, so he decided not to risk all of the hard work he put in in the first four rounds. Just because he didn't get the finish though doesn't mean he wasn't excellent. He was tired from controlling someone who probably cuts weight to make 265 for five rounds, and he still did everything he needed to after getting tired.

Back