Funny boxing quotes

ga_ninja

Whopper or Die
@purple
Reaction score
"I fought Sugar Ray so many times I'm lucky I didn't get diabetes" Jake LaMotta

"Shavers hit so hard he turned horse p*ss into gasoline! He hit me so hard he brought back tomorrow. When he hit me… I was seeing pink rats and cats and animals smoking cigarettes. I was in the land of make-believe."
-James Tillis

''I'll hit him so hard he'll get nicked for speeding''
-Nigel Ben

"Why would anyone expect him to come out smarter? He went to prison for three years, not Princeton." Dan Duva, Boxing promoter, on Mike Tyson hooking up again with promoter Don King

“The dumbest question I was ever asked by a sportswriter was whether I hit harder with red or white gloves. As a matter of fact, I hit harder with red.”
- Frank Crawford

"Lie down so I can recognise you."
- Willie Pep, the American featherweight boxer, after being asked by an old opponent if Pep remembered him.

"I'll f*ck you till you love me f4gg*t"

- Mike Tyson

"I deserve to fight X". Amir Khan

This thread needs some Randall Tex Cobb:

(Asked about a possible rematch against Larry Holmes) "I dont think his hands can take the abuse"
(When informed that Howard Cosell quit boxing after his fight with Larry Holmes) "My gift to boxing."
Mills Lane stopped the action to ask Cobb if he was okay in a fight in Reno. When Cobb replied that he was, Lane asked him, "Do you know where you are?" Cobb replied, "I am in Reno, getting the shit kicked out of me."
"They called me a fat, cowardly, cocaine-snorting, fight-fixing cheat," Who they calling fat!"

taken from here: http://www.majorwager.com/forums/mess-hall/7427-randall-tex-cobb-quotes-funny.html

This one always cracks me up...

Buck Smith was supposedly asked about his record being padded and if he was filling it with 'bums of the month' to which Smith replied: "I´m not fighting one bum a month, I´m fighting three or four."

My favorite forgotten gem

"You're gonna be so tired right now, but you gotta SUCK IT."
Jason Litzau's trainer before the 10th and final round of his fight with Celestino Caballero.

Last edited:
motivaciones-iron-desmotivaciones.jpg

Back