Fun Fact: Outside of the rounds he has finished, Ortega has arguably won zero rounds in the UFC

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Lost rounds 1 and 2 against clay (was losing round 3 and got the knee with 20 seconds left)
lost round 1 against cub (was losing round 2 until the sub)
lost rounds 1 and 2 against brandao (losing round 3 until the sub)
lost rounds 1 and 2 against tavares (losing round 3 until the sub)
lost round 2 against moicano (rd 1 seems to be toss up, arguably the only round he's come close to winning)

i know i know, they were winning until they lost. But this is obviously not a good streak to have when you think of dominant fighters like Conor, Jones, Aldo, etc. who didn't even come close to losing rounds prior to their title fights.

Lost rounds 1 and 2 against clay (was losing round 3 and got the knee with 20 seconds left)
lost round 2 against moicano (rd 1 seems to be toss up, arguably the only round he's come close to winning)

i know i know, they were winning until they lost. But this is obviously not a good streak to have when you think of dominant fighters like Conor, Jones, etc. who didn't even come close to losing rounds prior to their title fights.
Conor lost at least a round to Mendes before fighting Aldo.

Ortega has finished all of his opponents in the UFC. I like finishers.

No but Lord Chael never lost a round until Bisping but that doesn't count because Dolce.

I like T-City..he should coin....it's only a matter of time....

Moicano would have won the fight if he didn't go for the unneccesary takedown.Holloway will outsrike Ortega more soundly than Moicano ,won't do anything stupid and will get the win.

i know i know, they were winning until they lost. But this is obviously not a good streak to have when you think of dominant fighters like Conor, Jones, Aldo, etc. who didn't even come close to losing rounds prior to their title fights.

good post and good info to think about.
he is undefeated and young but is susceptible to losing i would say.

I'm sure more guys could have high finish rate with PED assistance though

and with what proof do you speak? some old test, a few years ago? answer this one question...and this will end all debate...has he failed any drug tests since then? NO...he hasn't...so end of story....

Is the Jiujitsu way..

seriously who cares if he keeps winning in the end - that's literally the only thing that matters

ah yea good call, can't think of any with Jones until Gus?

Yeah, I don't think Jon lost a round until Gus.

Many think that Machida won round 1 vs Jones because of that punch and flurry (was the most significant action of the round)

But to TS, I think it just shows how much heart he has. He never quits. Always fights to finish. I think this shows the heart of a lion and someone who is worthy of holding the belt.

Back