Full gas Maia outboxed Covington.

And Colby couldn't finish Potago Bag Maia. Does that guy seriously think he can take on Woodley, RDA, etc?

Maia has been stopped only once in his 32 fights prior and he has been in there with some GREAT fighters...so holding that against Colby as a negative is rather silly, don't you think?

Covington hardly impressed in that performance. His striking had no pop and he could hardly do anything until Maia was completely gassed out.

But hey. That, mixed with some weak trash talk, earns you a #3 rank with the UFC.

K1 Maia is real, but only till he gasses.

Covington is getting his 15 minutes.

Good for him.

Too bad he doesn't have the skills to ever get very far in the mma game.

But hey...being a colossal douchebag made him more money than not being a colossal douchebag would have made him.

Colby must be fed to Masvidal.
Easy money. Dana, make it happen!

All that retarded shit talk will just make him fall harder when he loses. People come down much harder on douchebags.

colby isn t a great fighter lol
good wrestler who is still young but honestly decisions over dhk and maia are ok, but guys like rda woodley or wonderboy kills him
he has no striking games and he isn t a powerhouse at 170
usman or till would also toy with him lol
style makes fights, and with his style and skills he ll surely loose his next fight (as long as he face a top 10 next)

Just another Angela Magaña who got his shit pushed in after running his mouth.
giphy.gif
Werdum is a filthy animal.

His cardio isn't that great either, own corner said he was gassing out after the 2nd round against Maia.

imagine your striking being so bad that you make maia look like a boxer? and you only start to win on the feet AFTER maia gasses, and you STILL look bad?

yet somehow he managed to look better than Woodley fighting the same opponent.

styles make fights,his fans seem to believe that he does have a chance,but hes just another bum trying to imitate chael with some help from sonnen himself... dude will fade as quick as his few minutes of fame from retarded shit he says
Does colby actually have fans? Havent seen many, esp since the star wars spoiler. I think i saw maybe 2 ppl defending him since then

Covington battered Maia and bloodied him badly. He stood in the pocket and exchanged. Woodley refused to engage for 5 rounds in the worst UFC title fight in history.

Woodley landed 57 of 153 of his strikes in a 25 minute fight.....the worst performance ever

Covington pressures Woodly, wins TKO in round 4.
if you think colby had a better performance against maia you must be colby's corner man

more entertaining yes. but thats it

if you think colby had a better performance against maia you must be colby's corner man

more entertaining yes. but thats it

Woodley's performance against Maia was one of the wort performances in all UFC championship bouts. Not just my opinion, most of the media said the same thing. It is a fight......Woodley did very little fighting.

Give Covington credit for going in there to bang, he at least tried to take out a very game Maia.

And Colby couldn't finish Potago Bag Maia. Does that guy seriously think he can take on Woodley, RDA, etc?
Woodley lost a standup fight with world renown striker Jake Shields. ROFL

Woodley's performance against Maia was one of the wort performances in all UFC championship bouts. Not just my opinion, most of the media said the same thing. It is a fight......Woodley did very little fighting.

Give Covington credit for going in there to bang, he at least tried to take out a very game Maia.
no, none of the media said it was the worst performance. at least none of the fighters that are media presence didnt(the important opinions). everyone agreed it was hard to watch and boring even to the hardore fans but also pointed out that thats how you have to fight maia if you want to give him no options. people also forget that maias face was busted up against woodley.

dude im a colby fan and i picked him to beat maia by UD. i knew hed gas him out. but what colby did was control maia from the sprawl. which no one has really done before. people have to pull all the way out after the sprawl or you're in his trap.( the half guard/butt scoot/single leg). colby knew he was good enough to stop him there. woodley might have been strong enough aswell but he did was not entertain anything after the sprawl.

the hate from that fight isnt what t wood did. its what he didnt do. he did alot of things correctly which is why the fighters in the media didnt bash him.

sorry about rant

Maia was a great fighter (according to Sherdog) going into the Woodley fight.. and that fight went to boring uneventful decision (Maia wasn't full camp either)

Colby almost stopped Maia in THREE rounds.. not the five Woodley had

Colby is biggest pussy in the UFC. So much talk, but shitted straight on his pants after Werdum gave him a lesson. Lad called the bizzies, for fuck's sake. Stop that geggin in, do one or come fight my boy Darren and let's see what happens. I am really made up if he fights Till.

Last edited:
Maia’s stand up isn’t as terrible as you guys make it out to be, Colby also was not worried about Maia’s boxing he had likely spent his entire camp working to deal with Maia’s insane grappling

Back