Full game: $59, Season Pass: $49 - question

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How much content you should get in season pass?

This is very difficult question.

But in my opinion if you paid 59 bucks for a full game, and 49 bucks for a season pass, then technically you should get 83% of main base content as an extra.

Whats the reality?

Fallout 4 recently got huge backlash for the SP. They charged about $10 less than main base game and they produced 2 average sized zones with about total of 6 hours combined of gameplay and then released DLCs that UNLOCKS content ALREADY WITHIN THE GAME. Can you dig it?

I personally feel that SP regardless of game is a robbery. No I am not poor, but when I am paying money, I also expect.

SP and all sort of DLCs makes sense only when community bring in ideas how to improve certain games. Otherwise is just a way to grab cash.

Thoughts?

The industry is led by businessmen who see gamers as cows. They'll milk us for every penny. I suggest yall support devs that actually care about making works of art for us gamers instead of trying to exploit us.

Support ethically and morally right devs like CD Projeckt. Heck Capcom has made a turn with Resident evil 7 by releasing free DLC later in the months, support those who make full fledged DLC for a reasonable price.

Ubisoft is cancer to the industry. Companies like EA and Capcom still have nasty practices but they sometimes atleast pretend to care about their customers even when they arent.

The Fallout dlc was more than that and the season pass was included when I bought the game

Expansions should always provide more total content per dollar because you've already paid all the other costs associated with creation of the game's platforming. You're in glorified mapmaker mode. C'mon.

Having said that I don't know how accurate your report is on this Season Pass.
The Fallout dlc was more than that and the season pass was included when I bought the game
It was also $5 when they first released it.

But yeah, I hate these "Season Pass" DLC's because they never integrate them into the game. I'm a patient gamer with SP games. I see no need to pay $60 on launch day when if I wait 12-18 months it's usually $25-$40 for a "GOTY" or "Complete" edition that also includes 100% of released DLC.

These Season Passes have ended up being far more expensive than the game itself. You can get Fallout 4 for like $20 or less, right now, but the season pass is still $40, IIRC.

The industry is led by businessmen who see gamers as cows. They'll milk us for every penny. I suggest yall support devs that actually care about making works of art for us gamers instead of trying to exploit us.

Support ethically and morally right devs like CD Projeckt. Heck Capcom has made a turn with Resident evil 7 by releasing free DLC later in the months, support those who make full fledged DLC for a reasonable price.

Ubisoft is cancer to the industry. Companies like EA and Capcom still have nasty practices but they sometimes atleast pretend to care about their customers even when they arent.

Perfectly sums up my feelings without having to write 5 pages of why I despise modern business practices within the gaming industry.

Lol, Ubisoft has some of the better season passses around (R6S and For Honor). Resident Evil 7's season pass content is garbage modes with exclusivity windows, some of which were clearly ripped out of the final game.

EA's season passes are trash tier, too. Fingers crossed Mass Effect: Andromeda keeps ME3's mp dlc model the same which was a great move and actually got me to spend a little cash to reward them.

It's funny now seeing people realize Bethesda is up there with the worst anti-consumer practices in the industry. So sick of "modders will fix it" from a studio that has sold 20 million copies of one game. I can't believe the Doom season pass is 40 bucks of mp content, lol.

Ive only paid for 2 season passes on xbox one and that was for call of duty.

I only play call of duty for zombies mode. I pay 80$ for the game for one zombie map, so I might as well pay another 80 for an extra 4 zombie maps. I play it a lot so its justified.

this gen of consoles I've only bought one season pass,i flatly refuse to buy them now. why the hell am i gonna pay to have shit unlocked on game i already own?

I usually hold off to get the complete version. I am at the age now where I can buy all the games I want but I barely have time to play them. For me right now because I have a huge backlog there's no point throwing down a lot of money for something I might not even finish. I usually wait until stuff is like 10-20 bucks before I buy it, so if I don't end up finishing it's not a huge deal. But some companies like Capcom I outright refuse to buy their shit.

Heck Capcom has made a turn with Resident evil 7 by releasing free DLC later in the months, support those who make full fledged DLC for a reasonable price.

Capcom won't get off that easy with all the BS they are pulling with Street Fighter V. Game cost $60 and there's already $100 in paid DLC. Game is barely a year old.

Yeah but with Street Fighter V, isn't the giant bulk of the DLC mostly cosmetic? If you play the game a lot you can practically unlock all the characters without any money right?

back to the subject

I must really love the game/series to buy the game on launch with all the bells and DLC. Zelda, Uncharted, The last of Us, Destiny..

Say what you will about Destiny but I burned so many gaming hours playing that game. looking back, it was worth it...

Yeah but with Street Fighter V, isn't the giant bulk of the DLC mostly cosmetic? If you play the game a lot you can practically unlock all the characters without any money right?

Not really. You're suppose to be able to unlock characters/levels/costumes via in-game currency, but it doesn't actually work out that way. You'll get no where near unlocking all the characters unless you waste all your free time grinding matches. The in-game currency was made to be such a terrible grind that you would opt to just buy the character passes instead.

It's absurd, which is why I always wait until a sale on PC. I don't mind waiting a while, and it's usually within 6 months that the dlc goes on a significant sale. I remember getting the Just Cause 3 dlc on sale for under $20 withing 5 months of it popping up for $35-40.

Nintendo at least does dlc right. Hyrule Warriors adds dozens of hours of gameplay with new modes and maps and a slew of new characters for $20, Mario Kart 8 added 16 new tracks, 6 characters, and 8 vehicles for $12.

I never buy season passes to me it is a fucking waste if I like the the content I will buy it separately like the map pack and shit for BAttlefield and such

Lol, Ubisoft has some of the better season passses around (R6S and For Honor). Resident Evil 7's season pass content is garbage modes with exclusivity windows, some of which were clearly ripped out of the final game.

EA's season passes are trash tier, too. Fingers crossed Mass Effect: Andromeda keeps ME3's mp dlc model the same which was a great move and actually got me to spend a little cash to reward them.

It's funny now seeing people realize Bethesda is up there with the worst anti-consumer practices in the industry. So sick of "modders will fix it" from a studio that has sold 20 million copies of one game. I can't believe the Doom season pass is 40 bucks of mp content, lol.
It's like they want to piss off the community who loves Doom. We've largely been discontent with the multiplayer and everyone who bought the game bought it for the single player, and wants more single player content.

I got the UE of Gears 4 which included the season pass but that was solely for the 4 days early access.

The only season passes I've bought outright after launch was Battlefront, Gears 3 (maps and short campaign) and Arkham Knight which had the Most Wanted expansions, I do pick up some stuff separate like Human Conditions for Watchdogs 2. If it's mostly skins for weapons and stuff I'm not gonna bother but I'll check it out for extra missions and stuff like that.

Back