Full comprehensive breakdown of Conor sparring IBF boxing champ! Find out if Conor's boxing holds up

I don't know what video you just watched, but I just saw Conor getting hit with 40 jabs and not doing especially much. The other guy was pretty slick though.

Props to Conor though for working on his boxing again instead of all those silly Brazilian kicks.

I dont get why people are bringing up Nate

First of all Nate had 15+ lbs on Conor (according to Sonnen)

Rogan also said Nate had to CUT DOWN to 170...while Conor cut NO weight.

Conor posted pictures of eating 2 breakfast the mourning of weigh ins..

So Conor cut NOTHING, in fact had TO EAT TO GAIN WEIGHT and still could only weigh 168

Nate had a functional 15+lbs on CONOR PLUS Nate had 4 inches of height and 2 inches of reach on Conor

Conor FACED the BIGGEST size disadvantage in the history of MMA at the LOWER WEIGHTS

Yet despite Conor facing the biggest size discrepancy ever at the lower weights Conor was still countering Nate and soundly out boxing Nate. Lets stop with the BS. Pound-for-pound Conor has far superior boxing skill to Nate and far superior countering skill to Nate. The only thing Nate can do better then Conor at boxing is slap better. Nate won on that specific night because he had a better chin and better cardio on that specific night

I really cant wait for the rematch. Balance will be restored

- lateral movement

- Conor was slipping Nate's jabs at will - this time when Conor slips hes countering to the body. "Full camp" Nate will be the one to gas this time

- Conor will be far more economical with his head shots and counters to the head, make each one count and land super flush

Conor is going to school Nate

And even as of right now, I dont get how Nate is a better boxer when Nate only won the last 30 secs of the fight and truly won due to a body knee and ground and pound

I mean Serra was far nore legit against GSP. If Nate is a better boxer then Conor the Serra is better then GSP

I dont get some people.

I gave Chris credit many times. Listed when Chris did something right. Listed when Conor did something wrong. I listed Conor's flaws

Yet "Conor fanboy"... "biased"

Smh

Its like some people dont want you to give Conor any kind of credit no matter what. I guess the "cool thing" in MMA is to shit on Conor

If Conor was generally doing well he was generally doing well. I only talked about what the footage showed. Sorry that any credit he earned or any admiration for the factual slick set ups and counters Conor pulled off offended you. Thats youre issue. Not mine

p.s BTW, I also loved how when Conor was sparring boxing he didnt rely on a high guard hiding behind big gloves. Conor has great habbits, Conor still moved his head, slipped, showed great defense etc
Conor faced the biggest size disadvantage in mma at lower weight classes ever? Lmao have you ever heard of frankie edgar moron?
Hey moron, i didnt know 15ilbs of out of shape weight matters more than having a whole camp.
Hey moron conor was going to fight rda (someone who battered nate) and according to conor he was the bigger man, and on paper he was taller and had a longer reach and lol at acting like nates two inch reach advanatage was significant, dc has a 72 inch and fought at hw and out boxed men with actual significant reach advantages( 6 plus inches), you go on about conors boxing skill and yet he gets stumped by a 2 inch reach advanatge?
Thats not significant, and you're a moron

i am just realizing that weidman could be out over a year

Look, I truly appreciate your effort. Honestly, good job.
But basically you don't understand boxing. Or, even worst, you approach boxing from the MMA perspective.
And if, on top of that, you reach conclusions based on a sparring video, your conclusions are in trouble,
Conor has enough striking skills to KO some folks in MMA fights. That's all. As a "boxer" he is a n00b that will be tooled by any pro boxer.

- praises Conor as a god? Check
- bashes Anderson? Check
- long unnecessary OP? Check

Yup, Boxingislife is back.

Don't misinterpret me or twist my words to suite you.

I stated facts about Nate being significantly bigger than Conor in every metric of size, that Conor faced the biggest size discrepancy ever at the lower weights. I brought that up to say how Conor still having success against Nate is a testament to Conor's pound-for-pound skill.

Pound-for-pound Conor has far superior boxing skill to Nate.

Even setting aside "pound for pound" Conor is still a far superior slicker boxer to Nate

The footage doesnt lie. Conor shows far superior counters, set ups, misdirections, footwork, defense etc

Nate really only has a jab on Conor and better slaps

Size does matter a lor more In MMA. Their head to head match up means little

It will matter even less when Conor schools Nate in the rematch

IF Nate is a better boxer then Conor, theres no way you cant say Serra wasnt better then GSP
But dos anjosis smaller than conor and it only took him one try. Look donors a great fighter and fun to watch but it's shit like this that gets people annoyed with him. You're actually doing more harm than good with your attempts at conversion.

i am just realizing that weidman could be out over a year
He's never seeing a title shot again me think, he's going to be in /Edgar territory for a while when he comes back. That's the downside of instant stupid rematches. If challenger for title gets injured he's going way back in line.

I don't know how you were getting that Conor was doing well from that video. That was an effortless spar from the boxer and he seemed in control of what was going on the whole time. Conor got in a few nice punches for sure, but he wasn't leading the dance.

i watched the vid and tought, not bad, not bad at all. Connor used to be a boxer isn't?
also i remembered Fedor used to spar with pros too

Conor is a lock vs Nate in the rematch after viewing all the writing in the wall.

I have never been more confident in a fight prediction since Conor vs Aldo.

I said Conor was way too skilled for Aldo and would counter F him. So called diehards on forums/twitter ruthlessly attacked me and said i was crazy/fanboy for saying so

I was only ever breaking down footage and observing facts/noting skills-habbits-observing how it all mixed and matched..The writing was clearly on the wall that Conor was superior and that his strengths played into Aldo's weaknessess. Trust me the writing is on the wall for Conor over Nate in a rematch

"Bu bu youre an insane fanboy.Aldo will expose Conor"

; )

Look who was proven right

I will be proven right again by Conor. Always bank on skill/the fighter much more willing to adjust/eager to learn etc
Yeah you're such a wizard, only you thought Conor would win. Not like Conor was a betting favorite until the day before.

Also Aldo is a more skilled striker then conor.

Its def gonna be fun to watch: )

As a Conor fan dont worry too much my brother. Conor will pull it off: )

Conor fans will get their payback for all the sudden Conor hate and Diaz fanboys/banwagoners shitting on Conor

Just watch Josh Tompson vs Nate.

Josh is able to control the exchanges and dramatically cut Nate's volune in half with simple lateral movement. Engaging when he wanted to, disengaging not allowing Nate to get off, rinse and repeat. Nate getting visbily frustrated and walking into shots while not having thrown punches for minutes at a time.

The Diaz bros are seriously the worst ring cutters in MMA history

The Diaz bros need the opponent to be right there in front of them to get off their volume game

The way you shut down their volume is to not be there in front of them.

As the Diaz bros fail to cut off the ring and cant control the exchanges, their out put drops dramatically and they start to get easily frustrated thus starting to walk into shots as well

The old Conor utilising movement CAN def walk a frustrated Nate face first into a hellacious counter KO shot

All though all signs point to Conor out classing Nate in a one sided UD

Thank for posting your breakdown of the sparring video, even though I think it's wasted on this forum atm.
Even though Conor is the best pure boxer on the UFC roster you need to be careful not to take it too far in predicting how an MMA fight will go down, keep in mind that thought process (philosophy) behind striking in MMA is completely different than in Boxing.
Regarding the Conor vs Nate 2, I'm not sure it will happen. I'm convinced that Conor took a financial hit in their first fight to make that fight happen and I'm sure that will not happen for their next fight and Nate is asking for a lot more money now than he did last time.
If it does happen, I think it will be 50/50 who wins, both fighters have paths to victory in that fight, Conor with body work, leg kicks and better striking skills, but Nate can take this with clinch game and ground work where he will choose a position over submission and grind it out with points.
btw, good work and don't let the haters overwhelm you with their idiocy.

I didn't read any of that.

Conor's boxing is complete shit. mma striking in general is a joke.

Didn't read but just look at how diaz outboxed connor, what do you think a pro boxer would do to him ?

The raging hard-on for Conor... The long-winded 'technical' fluffing... I've seen this MO before.

Thanks for this. It's a good read. Probably lost on this crowd. You'll get a lot of didn't reads. But quality posts like this should be commended instead of ridiculed.
They should consider a sub-forum for "serious analysis" threads, to which only mods can transfer threads, and in which all trolling and other shenanigans are banned.

Back