Froch vs Groves II [PBP]

Just getting around to watching it now. Wembley just looks sick. This is what boxing should be.

Just saw the fight. Man what a KO. The fight was turning, but Groves was still doing fine. I only gave Froch 2 rds. Weisfield is a crap scorer. He literally gave Froch the rd prior for throwing one flurry to the body and the straight at the end.

Good for Froch. Wonder if he will ever get the credit he deserves as one of the best in the sport.

I had Groves up too, thought he won the first 4 easily landing the better jabs! Froch won 5&6 as George was just covering up against the Ropes allowing Froch to land the shoe shine body shots! Then Grobes came back in a big way in the 7 th! Was winning the 8 th too until the KO!

Was surprised to see Jim Watt's card after 6 having it 5-1 Froch! He gave Froch round 1??!?! Froch only landed 1 punch if memory serves me correctly!

This is a very silly post.

How can one be 'spectacularly' wrong about an even fight after 8 rounds that ended in a one punch KO? You go think that one through son.

I had Groves one point up at the time of stoppage, he wasn't gassing and was outboxing Carl. Unfortunately, it only takes one punch and Froch set it up really welll. The punch come out of nowhere and it was the only straight right hand he threw all night, credit to him for getting it through.

Did you have Carl 3 5 6 with the rest Groves then?

Carl_Froch_VS__George_Groves.gif

First GIF, better ones will follow

nice work, cheers

Just finished watching it then. I had Groves up, looked like he had the fight going his way for the most part aside from the odd flurry from Froch. Did a solid job of staying out of range and using his feet. He's got a bright future ahead of him, no doubt about that.

One hell of a right hand to end the night. Spectacular end to an event like this.

Gutted for Groves but fair play to Froch, fought more cautiously this time round and caught him with some punch.

I had Groves 1 round up going into the 8th.

Froch controlled the fight. Groves looked tense and out of ideas. Froch took his time. Groves tired. Froch stepped through him.

Froch is an elite fighter. Groves may be one day, but not yet.

I think that KO could change Groves forever.

He was full of confidence off the back of dominating performances going into the first fight, rightly or wrongly felt aggreived after it, but this time was outclassed and caught a really, really hard punch.

I hope it doesnt, beacuse Groves could be a worthy sucessor, but I fear it might.

I didnt score rounds but overall i had the feeling Froch should be up on the cards.
Anyway i had faith in Cobra, Groves does not have his number.

I had Groves up too, thought he won the first 4 easily landing the better jabs! Froch won 5&6 as George was just covering up against the Ropes allowing Froch to land the shoe shine body shots! Then Grobes came back in a big way in the 7 th! Was winning the 8 th too until the KO!

Was surprised to see Jim Watt's card after 6 having it 5-1 Froch! He gave Froch round 1??!?! Froch only landed 1 punch if memory serves me correctly!

Yeah, joke of a scorecard and the all round biased commentary. Retard Glen McCrory said post fight " Froch bossed the first round"

Good to see Froch win again, the dude really is a warrior and will fight anybody, I want to see him face Ward next

Groves still has a future I think, we'll see how he comes back from this

Haha, wow.

OK, firstly, Groves was tiring from about rd 4 onwards. He was so tight and nervous in those opening rounds that by the end of the 4th he looked winded and his punches were notably slower. Froch from that point was walking him down and putting physical pressure on him, and wrecking him to the body. Its plainly clear to see, Groves was wilting by the round, and Froch was getting bolder by the round and was walking through Groves' shots. Groves might have been landing more on paper, Froch was doing the damage, and that stoppage had been coming since rd 6. Again, it might have been even on paper with Carl as usual being cagey for the opening rounds, but its clear the tide was going hard again Groves and he was very tired and hurt.

Secondly, you were incredibly wrong, both in your analysis of the first fight and predictions for this one. You were saying Froch can't change anything and Groves has every advantage and all he has to do is not get drawn in, and scoffed at anyone who said Froch will break him down even quicker than the first fight, so although you're trying to say it was even and Carl just landed a random bomb, the reality is it went exactly as many people thought it would and how the first one went, and your expert analysis was exactly, 100% wrong.

It also puts the first fight in perspective. Do you still think Groves was going to not only survive the 9th but go on to win? He has as in the same condition, had been battered with body shots and looked tired and ragged. Interested to hear if you still think the miraculous recovery was on the cards??

What a ridiculous analysis.

You do realise Groves had his best round in the 7th? But according to you he was already gassing by round 4. Why was Groves getting better if he was tiring? It was clear that Groves was taking over. There was absolutely no signs that Groves was tired, his shots in the last round were hard and accurate. Stop making things up.

Wrong again, Groves was winning the fight. I'd have been completely wrong if Froch was beating up Groves and then knocked him out, but he never. Groves was outboxing Froch just like I said he would. Froch could never outbox Groves, as like I said, he can't change anything and he can't overrule Groves' strengths. Carl landed a big shot and it was over, that doesn't change what happened before it. One punch is all it takes, any fighter can call victim to it.

I always said groves was a future world champ. I admited bias in my predictions for the first fight but come fight night he did better then deep in my heart I thought he was capable of (even though I told everyone I knew how great he was/is and what he would do). Groves was robbed in the first fight. Nothing will ever convince me otherwise. Never had a problem with froch until after that fight.

I gained my respect for froch back after last nights fight. He was respectfull and I agree with him when he said at that point 'there was nothing in it'.I had groves one point up for what its worth. I have not watched the fight again but at the time my scorecard had more 10/10s then I have ever given. Cant argue with that end! that was a great KO. Damn you boxing!!! I hate you!!

I didnt mean it please dont leave me boxing im sorry

anyone got official scorecards at time of stoppage? i didnt habe groves winning more than 2 rounds. froch rides punches which doesnt rypical bode well for the scorecards of the general fans

BBC said Froch was ahead on 2 of the cards, haven't been able to find more. I personally had him up by 2, but you could have swung it either way perfectly justifiably.

Anybody else there. Awesome event, awesome atmosphere, my buddy had froch to win, froch by KO, froch rounds 7-9 and froch rounds 9-12. Good times.

Would like to see Froch knock piss out of Degale before he retires but i doubt that fight is appealing to him.

Sky needs a complete overhaul in their broadcast team. Jim Watt is a senile old fool that sticks to a narrative from the opening bell to the finish and Halling is a gutless turd that just goes a long with it. They had it made up in their minds as early as the first or second round that this was Froch's fight, despite him not doing anything of real significance until the fifth round.

The commentary in the Mitchell-Maduma wasn't much better, either. They were attempting to paint the fight as being razor close going into the eleventh, despite Mitchell only deserving to win the seventh and eighth rounds.

Last edited:
Back