Froch vs Groves II [PBP]

Just watched the fight, great atmosphere, great fight. What a punch.

He was clearly joking when he said that. Eddie Hearn has always been open to that fight.

I doubt it, he said it on one of the interviews with groves and sounded pretty absolute about it.
He wants one last fight in Las Vegas then to retire and he has brought Chavez Jr quite a few times

Anybody else there. Awesome event, awesome atmosphere, my buddy had froch to win, froch by KO, froch rounds 7-9 and froch rounds 9-12. Good times.

Yes i was, the atmosphere was strange all night, fairly sedate until 15 minutes prior to Groves/Froch rng walks then bedlam till about half way through round one when it was almost graveyard like as the boys were fighting cautiously. Of course it ramped up at the end.

I was glad i was there and the whole card was great but rally we hd to watch the big screens to see what was happening. Do i think an arena that size is right for boxing? not really. Perhaps it didn't help that i was amongst the worst group of cretins imaginable singing racist anti german, asian and jewish songs who didn't even know who kevin mitchell was.

As for the fight we had carl a round up at the end, glad it was conclusive.

Sky needs a complete overhaul in their broadcast team. Jim Watt is a senile old fool that sticks to a narrative from the opening bell to the finish and Halling is a gutless turd that just goes a long with it. They had it made up in their minds as early as the first or second round that this was Froch's fight, despite him not doing anything of real significance until the fifth round.

The commentary in the Mitchell-Maduma wasn't much better, either. They were attempting to paint the fight as being razor close going into the eleventh, despite Mitchell only deserving to win the seventh and eighth rounds.

Actually I think they spent about 5-6 rounds talking Froch up, then they felt like Groves was coming on strong and you could hear the commentary switch to how great Groves was... then 30 seconds later Groves is on the floor and Jim Watts has completely forgotten that not a full minute ago he was talking about how Groves was coming on strong, in favour of talking about how it was 'just as they had been saying'.

Actually I think they spent about 5-6 rounds talking Froch up, then they felt like Groves was coming on strong and you could hear the commentary switch to how great Groves was... then 30 seconds later Groves is on the floor and Jim Watts has completely forgotten that not a full minute ago he was talking about how Groves was coming on strong, in favour of talking about how it was 'just as they had been saying'.

Was he the one who did the commentary for Afolabi vs Macarinelli? That was the biggest flip flop in commentary ever.

They spent the whole fight talking about how Afolabi fights out of america and Enzo was a local boy. Enzo got knocked out and suddenly Afolabi was "the Brit based in america!!!!!!!!!!"

Maybe I recall it as more dramatic than it was....

All of this makes no sense to me, but in particular, the bolded.

You seriously think Groves was taking over and getting the upper hand? Its hard to argue when someone sees things so differently, so I don't know where to go at this point. I'll say, an I doubt too many who saw it will disagree, Groves was fading and Foch clearly took control from round 5 onwards and was hurting Groves and bullying him, and was cutting off the ring and walking him down. If needed we could pull up the fight video and start to show exactly where, it was so plain to see Groves took all the early rounds and then Carl started to get in front of him and land hard flurries and combos.

You were completely wrong, Froch was doing what most people on the board said would happen, he would beat Groves up and grind him the way he does, and stop him earlier this time.

You really do seem to have a hard time admitting you're wrong, even when its staring you straight in the face. It wasn't a one punch flash KO, it was a breaking down for several rounds just like the first fight, only this time there was no doubt over the stoppage and its what would have happened had the first fight gone on.

He seemed to get a second wind in the 7th and beginning of the 8th. I gave him rds 1,2 and 7 although 3 and 4 were not clear cut Froch rds. I think his jab, combinations and ring generalship put him over groves' occassional 1-2.

And I agree it wasn't a flash KO. It was a Beautiful set up and a thunderous straight right.

Was he the one who did the commentary for Afolabi vs Macarinelli? That was the biggest flip flop in commentary ever.

They spent the whole fight talking about how Afolabi fights out of america and Enzo was a local boy. Enzo got knocked out and suddenly Afolabi was "the Brit based in america!!!!!!!!!!"

Maybe I recall it as more dramatic than it was....

I remember that one.

re-ownage at its highest levels??

froch_2848223b.jpg

article-2577371-1C2B69D200000578-358_634x402.jpg

Wonder why Froch let Groves get to him so much.

Froch kept his cool against loud mouths like Dirrell.
During the face off Dirrell looked all heated while Froch seemed to just coast with it.

Against Pascal he looked like he was intimidated in the least during the face off.

Carl-Froch-Jean-Pascal.jpg

When Taylor was doing that whole "Froch, Frosh, Frok.... how do you say this guys name again".
Froch looked like he could care less.

But he lets Groves get in his head??

Back