Friday the 13th the Game (2017)

Why did you think this was going to be single player? I'm pretty sure it was advertised from the beginning as multiplayer.

I assume every game is going to have a single player mode, because most do.

I assume every game is going to have a single player mode, because most do.

Not in 2017 buddeh. Especially not with a game that is advertised as multiplayer from the beginning. This is your fault, not the game's.

Not in 2017 buddeh. Especially not with a game that is advertised as multiplayer from the beginning. This is your fault, not the game's.

I donated to the kickstarter right after the game was annouced long before they were even close to meeting their goal It wasn't until several months later that it was revealed to be multiplayer only. I know this because I was getting updated via e-mail about the game; And "buddeh" is gayer than aids btw.

Last edited:
I donated to the kickstarter right after the game was annouced long before they were even close to meet their goal It wasn't until several months later that it was revealed to be multiplayer only. I know this because I was getting updated via e-mail about the game;

The announcement trailer identifies it as a multiplayer game, buddeh:

And "buddeh" is gayer than aids btw.

So Canadians are gay and have aids? Good to know.

The announcement trailer identifies it as a multiplayer game, buddeh:

So Canadians are gay and have aids? Good to know.

There wasn't even a trailer out when I donated to the kickstarter in order to purchase a digital copy.

There wasn't even a trailer out when I donated to the kickstarter in order to purchase a digital copy.

Interesting because the kickstarter launched the same day as the video I just posted. How did you donate to a kickstarter that didn't exist yet?

Interesting because the kickstarter launched the same day as the video I just posted. How did you donate to a kickstarter that didn't exist yet?

I just watched the video you posted and nowhere in that trailer does it say that it's an exclusivity multi player game. I don't know why you are being a douche about this. It's not unreasonable to assume that game that is modeled after 12 feature films would have a single player mode with a story line.

Last edited:
I used to play the THQ UFC games online. I was actually ranked 12th in the world at one point, but every other game I've tried online I'm never good enough to play against other people to the point were it's not even fun.

that is a competitive game
this is a cooperative game

I just watched the video you posted and nowhere in that trailer does it say that it's an exclusivity multi player game. I don't know why you are being a douche about this. It's not unreasonable to assume that game that is modeled after 12 feature films would have a single player mode with a story line.

It's right there in the video description. Multiplayer game. It's also on the Kickstarter page itself. Has been since the first day.

And yes, it's unreasonable to assume that a game that bills itself as multipayer with cooperative 1 vs 7 gameplay would have a single player component. Nowhere does it suggest there is single player.

Not trying to be a douche, but you're the one saying fuck this game when they made it pretty clear from the beginning it was multiplayer. You're blaming the game for something that is your fault.

It's right there in the video description. Multiplayer game. It's also on the Kickstarter page itself. Has been since the first day.

And yes, it's unreasonable to assume that a game that bills itself as multipayer with cooperative 1 vs 7 gameplay would have a single player component. Nowhere does it suggest there is single player.

Not trying to be a douche, but you're the one saying fuck this game when they made it pretty clear from the beginning it was multiplayer. You're blaming the game for something that is your fault.

I watched the video as it was either embedded here or on facebook and did not read the description that is only offered by the youtube page. Even then the description doesn't tell you that it doesn't have a campaign. Right when I heard of this game I went to their kickstarter page and handed over $30 for a digital copy and this is what it looked like.

upload_2017-9-24_18-5-0.png

Most people that are in their mid to late 30's that are actually old enough to have grown up when the Jason Movies were popular do not play games online. We grew up with Atari's, Nintendo's and Sega's and weren't weened on online gaming. They are alienating a big part of their demographic by not incorporating a single player story mode.

I didn't know it was multi player only until about 6 months after the game was in the works.

I watched the video as it was either embedded here or on facebook and did not read the description that is only offered by the youtube page. Even then the description doesn't tell you that it doesn't have a campaign. Right when I heard of this game I went to their kickstarter page and handed over $30 for a digital copy and this is what it looked like.

View attachment 280327

Most people that are in their mid to late 30's that are actually old enough to have grown up when the Jason Movies were popular do not play games online. We grew up with Atari's, Nintendo's and Sega's and weren't weened on online gaming. They are alienating a big part of their demographic by not incorporating a single player story mode.

I didn't know it was multi player only until about 6 months after the game was in the works.

And below that is a section in bold that says What is the Friday the 13th Game?

So you didn't read the entire Kickstarter description which clearly states the game is multiplayer and you're blaming the game for that. Do you usually drop 30 dollars for things without reading what they are?

This is on you, not the game.

And below that is a section in bold that says What is the Friday the 13th Game?

So you didn't read the entire Kickstarter description which clearly states the game is multiplayer and you're blaming the game for that. Do you usually drop 30 dollars for things without reading what they are?

This is on you, not the game.

Call of Duty and Battlefeild games are known for their multiplayer, but they still have a campaign. Again It's not unreasonable to assume this game would have some sort of single player mode. I'm not poor, so $30 isn't all of that much money to spend on a video game. I was just amped that there was a Friday the 13th game coming out.

You can't even use bots like they promised ffs. They also said that a campaign would be getting added on to the game and released summer of 2017.

upload_2017-9-24_18-40-34.png

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/10/14/friday-the-13th-game-delayed-adding-singleplayer/

I'm done responding to you in this thread btw. You are apparently some kind of Gun Media fanboy or something and I'm tired of unnecessarily repeating and explaining myself to you, so peace out and have fun playing the Friday the 13th game.

Call of Duty and Battlefeild games are known for their multiplayer, but they still have a campaign. Again It's not unreasonable to assume this game would have some sort of single player mode. I'm not poor, so $30 isn't all of that much money to spend on a video game. I was just amped that there was a Friday the 13th game coming out.

You can't even use bots like they promised ffs. They also said that a campaign would be getting added on to the game and released summer of 2017.

View attachment 280339

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/10/14/friday-the-13th-game-delayed-adding-singleplayer/

I'm done responding to you in this thread btw. You are apparently some kind of Gun Media fanboy or something and I'm tired of unnecessarily repeating and explaining myself to you, so peace out and have fun playing the Friday the 13th game.

Seriously? You're giving them shit for deciding to add a singleplayer campaign to what was originally just a multiplayer game? Holy shit gamers are ungrateful nowadays. They are doing you a huge favor.

Back