Free games on Steam worth playing

That209

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I finally have a computer that is good enough to run basically any game.

I want to know what games I should download off Steam (free games) that are worth my time. So far all I have is Heroes & Generals, I find it pretty fun and I miss playing WWII games, sick of all the modern shit these days.

I also bought Arma 2 because it was only $2.79 - I'd say that's a pretty crazy deal. If you haven't played that and enjoy tactical shooters, you should check that one out, it's cheap af, so.

Let me know what's up, fellow PC gamers.

TF2 is a big one,

also Hawken is a wicked Mech FPS that is very amazing for a free game

might wanna try Loadout but I got tried of it pretty quick once I realized the weapon customization wasn't as in depth as they advertised

Path of exile is a awesome totally free game "only cosmetics to purchase"

I know you said free, but Steam black friday sale has the portal games on sale. They are well worth the few $$.

As far as free, most of the freebies are MMOs. If you like MMOs that are F2P, they have quite a few.

Path of exile is a awesome totally free game "only cosmetics to purchase"

This, although technically it's not just cosmetics, stash tabs cost money and if you plan on playing it for any serious amount of time you will need some or be forced to dump a lot of stuff.

It's even worse now with jewels and divination cards.

I've played a few free games and Dota 2 is by far the best

War thunder is ok

Plantside 2 is a free MMO fps. There's other great free games outside of steam. There's WildStar, World of Tanks, Star Wars The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2, etc.

Fishing the planet. the game is awesome and will hook you

Plantside 2 is a free MMO fps. There's other great free games outside of steam. There's WildStar, World of Tanks, Star Wars The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2, etc.
League of Legends (aka Dota Lite) is the most popular game in the world.

Blockage 3d, been playing this lately .. It's a nice mix of fps and mine craft .. Capture is a great game mode which 4 teams of Upto 10 have to capture a plot in the middle of the map, makes for some game play.

War Thunder is awesome. Unpaid it'll take you decades to unlock new tanks, but tier 1 tanking is a lot of fun

Also you can fly planes but I haven't touched that shit

F2P mmorpgs like Guild Wars 2, RIFT, Neverwinter, etc. are alright. The Marvel Heroes game is pretty fun.

Warframe.

Ive thought about starting a thread here about the game.

The previous suggestions are definitely worth checking out first but i'll add some that I think is worth a mention.

Im not too big into zombie games but 'No More Room In Hell' is a mod available at steam shop. Its a multiplayer/co-op game. It shouldnt be too much trouble finding a decent sized server.

If you want a single player game and have Half Life 2: Episode 1 - there is a mod called Minerva thats pretty decent as well.

Free: STEAM
Dota 2
Team Fortress 2
Warface
Warframe
War Thunder
Paladins
Fallout Shelter
Unturned
Clicker Heroes
Path of Exile
Planetside 2