Frank Sinatra was originally offered the lead role for Die Hard

Yeah, Selleck should have had a bit more of a career on the big screen. He was pretty good in An Innocent Man and Three Men and a Baby.
Although famous around the world for it,
Magnum has held him back

Sammy Davis for Commando imo

According to the Die Hard Wikipedia article, the role of McClane was offered to the following actors before they finally got around to Willis:

Frank Sinatra
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Clint Eastwood
Sylvester Stallone
Harrison Ford
Richard Gere
Burt Reynolds
Don Johnson

Now I have a perverse desire to know what a Burt Reynolds or Don Johnson-lead Die Hard would look like.

Although Willis was the best choice, I could see Gere pulling it off quite well.

I bet that Don regrets that! Don't forget, unlike Willis, Don Johnson dropped a fairly popular album back in '86.

Although Willis was the best choice, I could see Gere pulling it off quite well.

I bet that Don regrets that! Don't forget, unlike Willis, Don Johnson dropped a fairly popular album back in '86.

Agreed on Don, I was thinking that earlier. I wonder if it's one of those things that he's repeatedly kicked himself for over the years.

I also wonder, if he had taken the role, would it have had a significant impact on his career. And on the same note, if Willis had NOT taken the role, what kind of impact would it have had on HIS career?

He was in his 70s
Frank%20Sinatra%201987%20NY218.jpg
Sounds like it would be a bit more
MV5BMTM5NjE2NzI2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDY0ODUyMw@@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Back