Francis Ngannou earned more in 2 boxing fights than his entire UFC career

All big fighters tend to earn more later in their careers after they're established names though

Saudi Arabia cared so much about having Francis/Joshua that they held it on a Friday so it wouldn't interrupt their F1 Grand Prix happening over the weekend.

Oh.

Relevant.

Ah.

He also earned more CTE.

Yup. And the really big fights usually some kind of rematch clause in them so fighters can't just move onto the next lesser guy if the obvious next fight should be a rematch.

I love all the boxing discussions by MMA fans because you really do find out that none of them follow boxing. I don't either besides big fights, but even I know the champs have mandatory defences and rematches built into the sport to ensure they're constantly fighting who's next instead of the scrubs MMA fans pretend they do. They're "scrubs" because you're mad they're not unifying with a rival promotion lol. When's the last time the UFC made their fighter fight Bellator's champ?

In MMA the UFC simply hangs it over their heads that they could strip you if you refuse to defend against someone. In boxing they WILL strip you if you don't meet the timeliness requirements as it's literally built into it.
Most of sherdog just posts on sherdog. They don't watch MMA fights either.

It payed off for Francis at the end. He already went through the UFC HW division, won the title twice . At this point money definitely would be most fighter motivation after accomplishing that. I don't get why people are upset he made more money in two fights then he ever did in the UFC. It is what it is.
Who's upset by that? You're just making shit up now.

Next make a thread how Jake Paul is a winner for boxing MMA guys and getting more money than UFC fighters. Honestly MMA fans should like MMA fights, not care about money fights. We could've had Ngannou vs Jones/Aspinall/Pavlovich/others. Instead we got to watch him vs 2 of the top boxers. Don't get it wrong, I'm happy he got success, but as a fan we missed out on great fights.
Which wouldn't have happened if he was getting paid more in the UFC. That's the lesson here. It makes no sense that MMA guys have to go do meaningless boxing fights to get the kind of money they're getting.

Ngannou's name comes from the UFC -- he should have been able to capitalize on it in the UFC.

If people are willing to pay him $20 million to do a sport he's not world class in, they should be wiling to pay him that much for the thing he's actually great at.

Who was the UFC before fighters? Literally nothing.

The only product the UFC has to sell is fighters and their fights. It is a reciprocal relationship. I don't pay for PPV events or ESPN+ because I care Jon Anik is going to tell me to drive a Harley or eat Corn Nuts. Who cares? The fights/fighters are what I'm paying for.

I paid to watch Ngannou fight because its of interest.
A huge reason you watch the UFC is for the brand. You cannot deny that.

Which wouldn't have happened if he was getting paid more in the UFC. That's the lesson here. It makes no sense that MMA guys have to go do meaningless boxing fights to get the kind of money they're getting.

Ngannou's name comes from the UFC -- he should have been able to capitalize on it in the UFC.

If people are willing to pay him $20 million to do a sport he's not world class in, they should be wiling to pay him that much for the thing he's actually great at.
🤦🏼‍♂️Please tell me you're not saying that you think Francis is worth $20 million per MMA fight? Please tell me that's your thought process right now....

Theres no business sense in paying Francis $20million.

The promoters definitely made a loss on the Fury fight.

You think UFC should've paid him $20million?
Just because the Arabs were willing to pay way beyond the market value?

I think the $8m he was offered for Jones was pretty fair.

Except we see guys like Jake Paul get MMA guys paid big. It says more about the casual audience than anything. Ngannou is getting paid by boxing fans. Jake Paul is spectacle fans. UFC fan pool is relatively smaller compared to them. It's hard to compare saudi purses for boxers to UFC.

Pretty sure Anthony Joshua is the real winner.

francis-ngannou-anthony-joshua.gif
Are you honestly telling me you wouldnt get KTFO for $20 million?

8mil lol. The highest recorded purse in UFC history is like 3 million.

Francis Ngannou earned $20 million from his fight against Anthony Joshua.
For his fight with Tyson Fury, he earned $10 million, totalling $30 million for two boxing matches.
He made $3.5 million from 14 UFC fights in 7 years.
Francis Ngannou is the real winner
💰

View attachment 1034741
This is just a dumb argument. So I will make it simple for you. If Francis didn't fight in the UFC would he have got this opportunity?

A huge reason you watch the UFC is for the brand. You cannot deny that.

This is 0% true. I don't know why you would think that.

I couldn't give a fart in the wind to listen to Jon Anik tell me about corn nuts or a betting website.

Any top ranked fighter goes anywhere else, I'll tune in. The UFC has bare bones production and their broadcast is full of ads, despite being behind two paywalls. Why in the world do you think anyone prefers that they are producing the content? I watch for the fights.

The issue isn't even the flat amount per fight imo. It's the way they write contracts so that your pay dramatically decreases if you lose. Francis cited this as a main issue. Hendo left the first time because of it, and Werdum. Big part of why Bendo left too. They either lowball guys or structure contracts in such a way that you must win every fight to get paid. you don't see a boxers income getting chopped in half every time they take a loss.

This is 0% true. I don't know why you would think that.

I couldn't give a fart in the wind to listen to Jon Anik tell me about corn nuts or a betting website.

Any top ranked fighter goes anywhere else, I'll tune in. The UFC has bare bones production and their broadcast is full of ads, despite being behind two paywalls. Why in the world do you think anyone prefers that they are producing the content? I watch for the fights.
Yup if the brand itself sold they could have no names headline and get a high buyrate. And they absolutely can't do that in most places. The value in the brand is leveraging it to get the best fighters. Nobody cares about a ufc card filled with people they've never heard of and we've seen this proven many times.

Back