Francis N'Gannou documentary, what a journey

aichokyu

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I just watched a very good french documentary on Ngannou.
it's a few months old and was posted once by "Hazuki Ryo", big up man.
Since the link didn't seem to work for some here's the youtube link.

the guy had a crazy life, here are Hazuki comments I repost for convience and because thay are accurate, plus some from me.

"From his poor days in cameroun working in a stone quarry at 11, to his difficult migration to France (which he decided not to tell), to his surprisingly good debut in the sport, here is a nice report on his singular story.

Some cliffs since it's not subbed :

- his mother said he was always a calm and composed guy. Never looked for troubles and did not like confrontation

- was homeless in paris when he first came

- learned MMA in 4 years in france. Started boxing at 22 in cameroun.

- too strong for his sparring partners at the gym (in the video, he just "mauls" the pad holder

- says the cage is the place he feels the safest. Fighting is a natural thing for him

- doesn't feel any anger towards his opponent. He's not his enemy. In one particular scene he checks on the guy he knocked out before answering rogan's questions

Great Man, seems really respectful"

the guy really does seem to have a good mindset.

The documentary also follows him back to cameroun to the quarry where he used to work as a child, and then to a road station where he used to unload trucks. the guy got his physique and strengh the natural way, throwhing 50k bundles arounds as a teenager.

They mention a back issue that a bit worrying, and would be logical with such an unpringing.
Seeing his demeanour with all the fans etc you can see he really stays down to earth.

I'll be rooting for him now :D

Great guy indeed. Lately he has seemed to become a bit more cocky and disrespectful.

Nothing over the top but a noticable change from before; hopefully the rags to riches story won't cause his new celebrity status and large money get the best of him.

Perhaps the UFC or a manager has simply told him he needs to talk a bit more trash and my concern is for nothing.

He comes across as a very genuine guy, to the point where its hard to take his trash talk seriously due to him being very humble and selfless in most of his interviews.

The remorse he showed in his debut after that devastating knockout was a good indicator of his character. I'm looking forward to seeing how he progresses. With the upper echelon of HW's fading away due to their age and the damage to their body, it seems like he got into the sport at the right time.

Great guy indeed. Lately he has seemed to become a bit more cocky and disrespectful.

Nothing over the top but a noticable change from before; hopefully the rags to riches story won't cause his new celebrity status and large money get the best of him.

Perhaps the UFC or a manager has simply told him he needs to talk a bit more trash and my concern is for nothing.

yeah I think the more recent trash talk is him adapting and promoting himself in the american market, they seem more into trash talk and arrogant guys than humble ones.

I'd like to see him beat JDS.

Why is france bringing in homeless immigrants. Seems pretty fucking stupid to bring in immigrants with no plan for them.

Why is france bringing in homeless immigrants. Seems pretty fucking stupid to bring in immigrants with no plan for them.

Cause Cameroon is a former french Colony hence they are not really imigrants

they speak french in Cameeron

I don't think you really understand how it works, nobody "brings in" immigrants. I bet that's what your politicians tell you to rip you of some more. and of course you believe them.
anyway he lives in vegas now, why did the americans bring him in ?

finally I think this immigrant is probably much more of a man than you are and accomplished much more than you with less means to start with.

I just watched a very good french documentary on Ngannou.
it's a few months old and was posted once by "Hazuki Ryo", big up man.
Since the link didn't seem to work for some here's the youtube link.

the guy had a crazy life, here are Hazuki comments I repost for convience and because thay are accurate, plus some from me.

"From his poor days in cameroun working in a stone quarry at 11, to his difficult migration to France (which he decided not to tell), to his surprisingly good debut in the sport, here is a nice report on his singular story.

Some cliffs since it's not subbed :

- his mother said he was always a calm and composed guy. Never looked for troubles and did not like confrontation

- was homeless in paris when he first came

- learned MMA in 4 years in france. Started boxing at 22 in cameroun.

- too strong for his sparring partners at the gym (in the video, he just "mauls" the pad holder

- says the cage is the place he feels the safest. Fighting is a natural thing for him

- doesn't feel any anger towards his opponent. He's not his enemy. In one particular scene he checks on the guy he knocked out before answering rogan's questions

Great Man, seems really respectful"

the guy really does seem to have a good mindset.

The documentary also follows him back to cameroun to the quarry where he used to work as a child, and then to a road station where he used to unload trucks. the guy got his physique and strengh the natural way, throwhing 50k bundles arounds as a teenager.

They mention a back issue that a bit worrying, and would be logical with such an unpringing.
Seeing his demeanour with all the fans etc you can see he really stays down to earth.

I'll be rooting for him now :D

No worries man ! Here is a link to the video with english subs that i found on reddit :
https://mega.nz/#!34BhSRoL!_f67OB-UgfEve7MghGO1JAf6LqFjkOi7niOhkNUURYU

You can edit your post and add it for the english speakers ;)

Back