France

MLarson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Never been there but would love to see it.

Not just places like Paris but the country side too, but being American not sure if they'd kindly to me.

Hate Paris . It's a shit hole. Everywhere else I've been to in France has been okay though . And as long as you're polite and TRY to speak French most folks are okay , except waiters and shop staff who can be a bit ... difficult...the service in France is somewhat different to the service you expect in the US..

I loved Paris and didnt feel like I was treated badly for being an american. I had friends there already so that helped. Ive been there three times and enjoyed it, but want to see more of the country.

Paris have great architecture and lot of girlfriends ago loved Disneyland Paris, but did'nt liked it much beside that

I really suggest

Mont Saint-Michel
Perros Guirec
Saint-Malo
Chenonceau
Chambord
Dinard
Dinan
Nantes
Quiberon

Surely i'm missing some

I always say this when this topic comes up. Visit a place to see specific things. Have a plan what you want to see and why. Don't go because of some romantic idea of Paris being romantic and because you want the "experience".

Access to WW1 battlefields is apparently difficult.

I always say this when this topic comes up. Visit a place to see specific things. Have a plan what you want to see and why. Don't go because of some romantic idea of Paris being romantic and because you want the "experience".

Access to WW1 battlefields is apparently difficult.
That's good advice, adding this to my previous list

Mont Saint-Michel -> incredible place to visit, been there by night too cool experience
mont-saint-michel-france.jpg

Perros Guirec -> beautiful nature walk on sea red rocks lot of memorable unique landscapes
DJI_0525-2-1068x712.jpg

Saint-Malo -> very characteristic fortified small sea town to visit, unique look
vue-sur-saint-malo-intra-muros-depuis-le-mole-des-noires---saint-malo-loic-lagarde-663-1200px-1920x960-crop-1654250785.jpg

Chenonceau -> nice castle to visit
chenonceau-hd.jpg

Chambord ->nice castle to visit
146.jpg

Dinard -> very nice sea small town to visit with big mansions giving unique look, relaxing place to do bit beach
home-dinard-2.jpg

Dinan -> very characteristic medieval small town to visit
bretagna-dinan-centro.jpg

Nantes -> very lively small city, the Jules Verne park in particular is quite something
Maquinas_Isla_Nantes_EGVP.jpg

Quiberon -> super iconic beach for them
arche-de-port-blanc-quiberon.jpg

One Night in Paris, is as far as I got

Don't be too fat, dressed too ugly, too loud with the ugly vocal fry, too entitled lecturing people on how you would prefer them not to smoke on a terrasse, and you'll be just fine as a Murrkan in France, imo.

Paris stinks. Never got the hype. Was actually there in 2015 when the attacks at the Bataclan happened. Haven’t been back since.

Friend lives in Nantes, and they rave about it there. Want to go to the Brittany area in general to see.

IMG_2979.jpeg

Hon hon hon. Make sure you tell those bastards in the US of A, we still can it Freedom Fries! Yeah, we haven’t forgotten.

Paris looks and smells like a third world country. Don’t plan your trip around there is all I’ve gotta say.

My Canadian French of mediocre to poor quality was enough to get me by for the most part but in Paris, you might as well learn Arabic lol.

Jokes aside. Been there multiple times. Didn't like it. But the countryside and also the beaches are nicer than shithole Paris.

I've been to southern france and Monaco a few times. It's worth going but some people might find it abit boring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back