France general 'took fighter jet for weekends'

ShinkanPo

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
This French Air Force Master, took the plane become an uber Boss!

Hey any US Airforce personel posting here or any Airforce member from any countries? Will take your F-16 or F-5 trainer Home?

France general 'took fighter jet for weekends'

_96732064_gettyimages-110860563.jpg

The French air force is investigating a senior officer said to have used a fighter jet to fly for weekends away.

General Richard Reboul flew the Alpha Jet from a training base in Bordeaux in western France to his property in Provence, the Canard Enchaîné reported.

He is also said to have taken a six-seat military transport plane along with a pilot and co-pilot, the satirical newspaper said.

Gen Reboul made about 10 trips in total, the newspaper said.

The Alpha Jet is a light attack and advanced training aircraft manufactured jointly by Dassault in France and Dornier in Germany.

The French air force mostly uses it to train fighter pilots.

How long would it take?

Car - six hours

Train - seven hours, including two changes

Commercial flight - an hour to Marseille, then 30 minutes by car

Alpha jet - 28 minutes at the jet's maximum speed of 1,000 km/h

General Richard Reboul flew the Alpha Jet from a training base in Bordeaux in western France to his property in Provence, the Canard Enchaîné reported.

I'm not sure but I read about this earlier and the way a French newspaper described it, I was under the impression that French pilots have a minimum requirement of annual flight hours and he kind of used multiple trips to Salon-de-Provence (where he owns a house) since 2016 to fulfill his required flights.
That would imply that he registered his own flights, destination, distance, date etc.
So this might still be/is a misdemeanor and the investigation will focus on the fact that he lives there and shouldn't use military jets and training flights for trips for his own benefit but it's not like he secretly stole a jet and flew around the world.

I'm not sure but I read about this earlier and the way a French newspaper described it, I was under the impression that French pilots have a minimum requirement of annual flight hours and he kind of used multiple trips to Salon-de-Provence (where he owns a house) since 2016 to fulfill his required flights.
That would imply that he registered his own flights, destination, distance, date etc.
So this might still be/is a misdemeanor and the investigation will focus on the fact that he lives there and shouldn't use military jets and training flights for trips for his own benefit but it's not like he secretly stole a jet and flew around the world.

Interesting maintaining a credible Air defense is really expensive!

Inappropriate use of taxpayer money for personal enjoyment. Lock him up.

How long would it take?

Car - six hours

Train - seven hours, including two changes

Commercial flight - an hour to Marseille, then 30 minutes by car

Alpha jet - 28 minutes at the jet's maximum speed of 1,000 km/h
He burned taxpayer money to shave off an hour from his trip? If he was at least saving more time I could understand but now I think he was doing it at least partly for fun and because he thought he could get away with it.

He burned taxpayer money to shave off an hour from his trip? If he was at least saving more time I could understand but now I think he was doing it at least partly for fun and because he thought he could get away with it.
Taxpayer money isn't really "money"

Taking a page out of the Wall Street CEO handbook. I'm surprised that more of the REAL killers haven't started throwing their weight around.

Imagine the amount of ass you can get if you pull up in a fighter jet.

i'm surprised it took off with the weight of that guys balls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back