Law Founding fathers rolling over in their graves

Do you believe that women who commit adultery should be stoned? Do you believe that slaves should be obedient to their masters?

lol no

Are these the values you are referring to from the Bible?

i'm not a christian, so can't quote the bible but speaking generally judeo-christian values brought us western civilization. would you say that's fair?

Yeah I wasn't referring to that though. I was referring directly to the hijab statement. The Bible and the Quran both have a lot of questionable ethics in terms of today's standard of morality. I have no idea what your viewpoints are in general regarding religion, but do you condone slavery, killing of groups of people, and the superiority of men over women? In the Bible one of the prophets Elisha had two children killed who made fun of him for being bald. Is that not excessive?

You are absolutely correct. There are absurdities in both the Bible and the Qur'an that I don't agree with. As an atheist, I'm averse to any kind of literature that promotes violence and hatred. I am also a firm believer in the separation of Church and State.

lol no

i'm not a christian, so can't quote the bible but speaking generally judeo-christian values brought us western civilization. would you say that's fair?

I suppose the point I am trying to express is that people list these Judeo-Christian values and how it influenced Western society but don't even know what they are. I would say Judeo-Christian values have influenced the West.

Probably none, but I don’t think they have separation of church and state either.

This isn’t the hill for me to die on though. Just think we should at least try to separate the two. I don’t want any religious teachings in public schools. Just my 2 cents.

And other people don't want lgbtq and trans stuff taught in schools. This is a reaction to that. Liberals have no one to blame but themselves. They politicized the classroom.

And other people don't want lgbtq and trans stuff taught in schools. This is a reaction to that. Liberals have no one to blame but themselves. They politicized the classroom.
As said many times, this is about the separation of church and state. The alphabet crew are not a religious group, so it is not an apt comparison. I also get not wanting to teach that in the classroom, but we need to choose the right arena and methods to fight against that. Blurring the line of separation is not a good way to achieve it imo

You are absolutely correct. There are absurdities in both the Bible and the Qur'an that I don't agree with. As an atheist, I'm averse to any kind of literature that promotes violence and hatred. I am also a firm believer in the separation of Church and State.

... and super pro Israel.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's ox flies against the capitalist spirit of this country.

Sc73b7caedea44d2fbff92d91e0384f1ck.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

lol no

That's not fair at all, there's no such thing as "judeo-christian" values (and if there was, it would obviously include muslims).

The philosophy at the base of the US empire come from some christian sects from England, France and northern Europe that favoured individualism and work culture, that is WILDLY different from my southern European tradition.

And from the political and economic developements that brought capitalism as the dominant model for society, its origins can be traced in medieval Italy and more relevantly in 1600s Netherlands.

Science and technology was/is (regrettably to me, but it's not relevant) a crouch for capitalism to grow effective and efficient, and to know the world as an instrument that can be manipulated for results.

Last edited:
- I thought they were already rolling because a bunch of comunists, tried to overthrow the democracy, to instail a pampered fatso as ditactor!

Or in shame because a couple of weirdos dont know what a woman is!

The Bible teaches that god is in us and we answer our own prayers by faith. That’s where I think the “worship” stuff comes from. Faith in yourself and divine guidance takes you or gives you what you want. If you have faith in anything you’re technically praying
Holy shit that bad hermeneutics. According to the Bible you’d be going to hell. They don’t believe god is inside you unless you repent and invite him in, and they don’t believe you really did so unless you
It is from Exodus, which isn't even specific to Cristianity, let alone any specific church. Christianity didn't even exist at the time of the 10 commandments, God is the same word as Allah, and several of them are state laws. Not sure the relevance of polytheism.
It’s in the Christian Bible which is a splinter religion from Judaism. Just because god and allah have the same meaning doesn’t make them the same root word in the same language you goof.
All the commandments teach are having good morals, don’t steal, don’t murder and don’t cheat on your spouse. Why would anyone have an issue with kids learning good morals religious or not. I say fuck it it’s actually a positive thing.
No they don’t. The first 4 are literally about worshipping the Christian god.
Kids age being indoctrinated today with all the far left and woke shit that’s far worse
this is unconstitutional. Period. Shouldn’t the constitution be honored and reflected in our laws and society?

Do you believe that women who commit adultery should be stoned? Do you believe that slaves should be obedient to their masters? Are these the values you are referring to from the Bible?
Wait til he learns about not being allowed in church if he’s been kicked in the nuts too hard, or being punished for wearing two different types of fabric, planting two types of seed, and the whole sin of whackin’ it in your neighbors tool shed.

To the “America is built on judeo Christian values” group:

All who believed were together and had all things in common; they would sell their possessions and goods and distribute the proceeds to all, as any had need. ... Now the whole group of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one claimed private ownership of any possessions, but everything they owned was held in common. ... There was not a needy person among them, for as many as owned lands or houses sold them and brought the proceeds of what was sold. They laid it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to each as any had need."[48]

— Acts 2:44–45, Acts 4:32–35

Matthew 6:24,[49] which said: "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

Acts 4:35, which says "to the emissaries to distribute to each according to his need".[51][52]

If you have two coats, give one away," he said. "Do the same with your food." -luke 3:11
James 5:1-3 “Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming upon you. Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes. Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last ways

The Bible mentions debt forgiveness in several places, including:
  • Luke 7:36-50, 11:2-4, 16:1-13: Jesus links forgiveness of money debts and spiritual debts
  • Matthew 6:9-15, 18:21-35: Jesus says that the forgiveness of debts is contingent on the forgiveness of others' debts
  • Deuteronomy 15:1-2: This passage provides for legislative release of debt at the end of every seven years
Deuteronomy 23:19-20 – “You shall not charge interest on loans to your brother, interest on money, interest on food, interest on anything that is lent for interest.

sounds like the capitalist society we have here in America /s

Back