Former K-1 fighter Raul Catinas retires from kickboxing and will make MMA debut

So what happened? He wants more money and SuperKombat can't afford him? Is SK struggling? So many questions...

Yeah. The biggest question is, why is he quiting? Wasn't SK supposed to be going big?

If Pat Barry can make it for a few fights in the UFC then I gotta think Catinas can make a run at it.

Except, Barry is American and can promote himself well. Catinas isn't even that comfortable with his english.

If Pat Barry can make it for a few fights in the UFC then I gotta think Catinas can make a run at it.

Barry is a guy that literally kept his job because of social media and his ability to take massive beatings and always put on fun fights. The bar to getting into the UFC is incredibly low right now, but I'm still not sure that Catinas could expect that any time soon.

The only way I could see him getting scooped up is if the UFC was running Romania.

Barry is a guy that literally kept his job because of social media and his ability to take massive beatings and always put on fun fights. The bar to getting into the UFC is incredibly low right now, but I'm still not sure that Catinas could expect that any time soon.

The only way I could see him getting scooped up is if the UFC was running Romania.
I remember when he was known for his durability, the smaller striker who always brawled. It caught up to him, got ko'd and his chin was never the same. It's a hell of a shame he gets so much flack based on how he's doing in what is basically the tale-end of his career.

I remember when he was known for his durability, the smaller striker who always brawled. It caught up to him, got ko'd and his chin was never the same. It's a hell of a shame he gets so much flack based on how he's doing in what is basically the tale-end of his career.

Barry was fast and hit hard. He always got hit too much though and being like 5-10 or whatever he is fighting at HW made avoiding getting hit very hard.

So he returned to kickboxing? I've seen that he was scheduled to fight in kickboxing at some event in 2016 and seems like he wasn't scheduled to fight in mma after his debut?

Back