Former Bellator Champ Alexander Volkov signs with the UFC

Volkov needs to fight at LHW. Look at Kirylov (spell?), he was dog shit of a fighter at HW and now he's an absolute killer at LHW. Volkov is a much smaller HW who fights at 220 something. He'll get slaughtered unless he moves down.

eh, average fighter

"Average fighter" means nothing at HW.

And this guy is not a bum. He's a very, very good striker. He would beat the likes of Nelson, Browne, Black Beast, Arlovski..

Pity they didn't bring Kongo back too, actually. I think the division needs fighters like him, as a test not just for prospects but for legit Top 10 and even Top 5 guys on skids.

Kongo/Overeem, Kongo/JDS, Kongo/Rothwell, Kongo/Black Beast, Kongo/N'gannou, Kongo/Struve, Kongo/Arlovski, Kongo/Browne 2 and even Kongo/Bigfoot – if Antonio can't be persuaded to hang them up – are all matches I would be interested to see.

Minakov will be signed once he's sorted the Bellator contract.

Not a bad signing.
But I prefer Goltsov or Pavlovich.

He'll be good as long as they don't match him up with wrestlers, if they do though, he'll get grinded pretty easily.

Nice. Always good to see new HWs. Especially ones under 38 lol.

examples of other average heavyweights?
rosholt

And this guy is not a bum. He's a very, very good striker. He would beat the likes of Nelson, Browne, Black Beast, Arlovski..
he got fired from bellator, man

but, he's still 27, so at least 10 years on HW prime

no he freakin would not

I'm excited that the UFC is finally starting to sign HWs in regions they largely stayed away from previously. They are starting to fill out the HW roster now. I don't know that there are any potential world beaters out there, but I like how the roster is looking.

I hope his tag team partner Boris Zhukoff is next!

BORISZHUKOV_05.jpg

This account automatically updates when the UFC site is updated so it's legit.

Awesome signing for the UFC, Volkov should've never been released by Bellator and he's a great addition to their heavyweight division.

Great news, he is like a baby in HW age, if he train his wrestling he will be top 15

Back