For fricks sake, stop with this Pavlovich Jones talk. UPDATE: Vindicated!!

Then you have to look at the library of fighters that Jones exposed the holes in their game and understand the best thing for the UFC is for Jones to get his Stipe fight and retire. Any fighter he beats badly gets looked at as a bum. Any ok fighter that performs decently vs Jones looks like the next coming then gets exposed (Reyes). Sometimes a fighter becomes too big and anyone that fights him gets too much negative or positive attention. Fighting Jones is a red panty night in that regard.

I agree. I'm good with Jones fighting Stipe and retiring. Pavlovich will have his time in the spotlight. This is the end of Jon's chapter. He has a very tough fight against Stipe. If he wins he's the best ever no question. Many would argue that he already is and I can't really debate that, but Jones managing to beat a guy like Stipe will earn a ton of respect in my book and will shut the haters up.

If Jones wants money fights, he should vacate the belt.

If he wants to hold the title, he should fight contenders.

Simple.
Why because YOU said so? The ufc has always cared about money fights more than anything else. Doubt that's gonna change any time soon.

Why do you care ts?
You should be a fan of fights and this is the best fight in the Hw division now.
If Jones can't beat Sergei he should vacate

Why do you care ts?
You should be a fan of fights and this is the best fight in the Hw division now.
If Jones can't beat Sergei he should vacate

It's not that I care so much for Jones. It's just that, Jones isn't stupid, this fight does nothing for him, and so it won't happen. Ever. Unless UFC gives him FU money for it, but that's not going to happen because they won't make much off a Pavlovich fight.

High risk "low reward" aside from a HW title defense is dumb.
If Jones does retire and doesn't fight Pav. It isn't the best look if Pav ends up reigning for a while in the division.

High risk "low reward" aside from a HW title defense is dumb.
If Jones does retire and doesn't fight Pav. It isn't the best look if Pav ends up reigning for a while in the division.

You guys still don't get it. Pav is irrelevant to the story of Jon Jones. And it looks like Jones is in a position to dictate how his story ends, that's pretty much it. This salivating at the prospect of a Pavlovich fight is one of the dumbest things I've seen on Sherdog in awhile.

You weren't vindicated. Lol retards

Jon Jones basically echoing the same exact sentiment I did is not vindication? Anyone with half a brain knew Jones would not fight some random no-name bruiser at HW unless the UFC threw some huge (~$15-20M) money at him, which is not going to happen because Pavlovich won't bring in a lot of $$$.

This was strictly the fantasy of some basement dwelling MMA nerds. Never going to happen.

You guys still don't get it. Pav is irrelevant to the story of Jon Jones. And it looks like Jones is in a position to dictate how his story ends, that's pretty much it. This salivating at the prospect of a Pavlovich fight is one of the dumbest things I've seen on Sherdog in awhile.
For real it's this simple. Pavlovich isn't the fight Jon wants. It isn't the fight the UFC wants. They want Stipe, he's the name and the guy with the legacy.

It's pretty goddamned simple and this hype train literally out of nowhere is getting so silly. Like there's never been a.dude with a streak of first round finishes before. Pavlovich is not some unprecedented guy Jones HAS to fight.

He's beat that same guy his entire career ffs.

Yea we get it, he's the new bad boy in the HW division. But what does he have to do with Jones ? Jones is HW champ, on the sunset of an amazing career, looking to fight Stipe another legend, and then maybe riding off into the horizon.

Maybe, MAYBE, he'll make one or two money fights after that before retiring.

But why on earth would he fight a no name bruiser like Pavlovich ? Imagine Jon Jones legacy besmirched by him getting clipped by this random Russian dude. What a farce, what an ignominious end that would be.

Fighting him would be the single dumbest career move ever in the history of the UFC. Jones is a smart guy, that's why this fight is not happening. Only the bored hardcore fans are talking about this fight, real fans couldnt give a crap about it.

Let's stop talking about this and stick to reality please.

UPDATE:

I was dead on, right on the money. give me the HESPECHT I deserve.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ting-if-ngannou-returned-not-for-pav.4290213/
How does this vindicate you?

I predicted Jon Jones exact thought process without having known it in advance ?

It was an obvious prediction to anyone without their head up their ass, I'll grant.
Big reach. You didn't exactly predict anything. You said it's a dumb fight to take, and he said he's not interested. That's really worth patting yourself on the back for, you think? It's not really a 'prediction.' And doesn't exactly make you right either.

Big reach. You didn't exactly predict anything. You said it's a dumb fight to take, and he said he's not interested. That's really worth patting yourself on the back for, you think? Doesn't exactly make you right either.

I wasn't aiming to make a prediction, but if you read my comments in the thread I hit the exact same points Jones did.

The basic idea is that it's obvious to anyone with a brain Jones wouldn't be taking that fight. Sherdog just got swept up in some Pavlovich mania and fantasized about a fight with Jones. But that's nonsense, Jones has no reason to take this fight and won't (absent a ludicrous payday).

I wasn't aiming to make a prediction, but if you read my comments in the thread I hit the exact same points Jones did.

The basic idea is that it's obvious to anyone with a brain Jones wouldn't be taking that fight. Sherdog just got swept up in some Pavlovich mania and fantasized about a fight with Jones. But that's nonsense, Jones has no reason to take this fight and won't (absent a ludicrous payday).
A lot of people predicted he wouldn't take the fight. If he sat out 3 years just to fight an aging Stipe rather than the best fights available people will find that underwhelming.

A lot of people predicted he wouldn't take the fight. If he sat out 3 years just to fight an aging Stipe rather than the best fights available people will find that underwhelming.

Difference is I don't think Jones is a duck, it's just that theres no pressure on him at all to take the fight, because no one but the bloodthirsty hardcore fans wants it

Bones having Russian nightmares CONFIRMED
The Stan’s are pathetic and I don’t mean Brian

Jones can do whatever the fuck he wants.
Pav will rule the division sooner or later.
He's like Pale Thanos.
Inevitable.

he sat out 3 years just to fight an aging Stipe rather than the best fights available people will find that underwhelming.

jbj STILL putting the original July Stipe fight off shows his lack of goat.

Yea we get it, he's the new bad boy in the HW division. But what does he have to do with Jones ? Jones is HW champ, on the sunset of an amazing career, looking to fight Stipe another legend, and then maybe riding off into the horizon.

Maybe, MAYBE, he'll make one or two money fights after that before retiring.

But why on earth would he fight a no name bruiser like Pavlovich ? Imagine Jon Jones legacy besmirched by him getting clipped by this random Russian dude. What a farce, what an ignominious end that would be.

Fighting him would be the single dumbest career move ever in the history of the UFC. Jones is a smart guy, that's why this fight is not happening. Only the bored hardcore fans are talking about this fight, real fans couldnt give a crap about it.

Let's stop talking about this and stick to reality please.

UPDATE:

I was dead on, right on the money. give me the HESPECHT I deserve.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ting-if-ngannou-returned-not-for-pav.4290213/

So he's ducking?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peyman
Back