For all the new fans that don't like GSP...

Calling GSP a LNP fighter is like calling Anderson a point striker.

GSP was one of the most active and punishing top control fighters in UFC history. Just because he was fighting incredible, hard to finish competitors like Fitch, Shields, and Diaz doesn't make him anywhere close to a LNP fighter like Guida.
Who has GSP ever finished with his ground n pound? Matt Sera? Lol.

Haters are not interested in dialogue, only debate.

They have the answers and are willing to be stupid, ignorant and offensive for every else to understand.

MMA has fanboi tribes and hating is the fun for them

His goal is to win the fight. As all fighters goals are.

He just uses the tools at his disposal. If he had the power of Rumble I am sure he would not hesitate to go for one shot knockouts. As it is his strengths are IQ, conditioning, timing, and positional dominance. Against lesser opponents like early in his career he could still finish fights no problem. Against Diaz, Shields, Fitch, he is forced to play the long game.

Same reason fighters like Barboza and Lando looks unstoppable head kicking scrubs, but fold like lawn chairs against tenacious fighters like Tony and Khabib. Same reason an otherwise consummate knockout artist like Conor ends up point fighting Nate in the rematch when he realizes he can't just blitz and put him away.
what...are...u...talkin´ about...

Groovy is a rookie, are u aware of it?

wtf.gif

Understood. Believe me, if it was at all feasible I would prefer early UFC rules "No biting, No eye gouging" EVERYTHING else legal.

When I was a little kid me and my older brother would move all the furniture out of the living room and "practice UFC." We would elbow each other in the face, we would head butt, we would pull hair, I have actually won fights by fish hook and stomps.

Just Bleed!
There were more rules than that back then, they just weren't apart of the marketing scheme at the time. I.e., no small digit manipulation, ripping off a mans ear, I forget what the rest were but there were more rules than publicized.

GSP was getting shit on back then, too, don't pretend like criticizing his lay n pray, decision style is anything new lol.

Gsp absolutely massacred his first 4 or 5 Ufc opponents.

Learn some mma history noob.

GSP already won a title against the most dominant previous champ in his weight class before he was Lando's age. Are you aware of it?
So your brillant idea is to use someone like No Rush as a measuring stick for all MMA Prospects?

So your brillant idea is to use someone like No Rush as a measuring stick for all MMA Prospects?

No, if you use reading comprehension my brilliant idea is that finishing percentage goes drastcally down as level of competition goes up.

Same reason Floyd Mayweather can easily TKO boxing cans like his first 20 opponents or Conor, but finishes very few of his elite opponents like Canelo or Pacquiao.

Same reason a flashy striker like Lando can look unbeatable against an overmatched opponent but folds when his opponent doesn't crumble after the first power shot.

If GSP wasn't fighting a murderers row of contenders one after another in one of the deepest divisions in MMA history he would've had a great percentage of finishes. Which is why truly educated fans will always value strength of opposition and consistency over quick, flashy knockouts. Same reason no one who really follows boxing considers Tyson GOAT.

No, if you use reading comprehension my brilliant idea is that finishing percentage goes drastcally down as level of competition goes up.

Same reason Floyd Mayweather can easily TKO boxing cans like his first 20 opponents or Conor, but finishes very few of his elite opponents like Canelo or Pacquiao.

Same reason a flashy striker like Lando can look unbeatable against an overmatched opponent but folds when his opponent doesn't crumble after the first power shot.

If GSP wasn't fighting a murderers row of contenders one after another in one of the deepest divisions in MMA history he would've had a great percentage of finishes. Which is why truly educated fans will always value strength of opposition and consistency over quick, flashy knockouts. Same reason no one who really follows boxing considers Tyson GOAT.
what a messy post... lmao...

And u end it droppin´ your science about Tyson being or not being GOAT...

Lando is a rookie, stop your dream about him being unbeatable or some kind of P4P candidate. He´s learning the game.

Just stop and organize youir thoughts.

what a messy post... lmao...

And u end it droppin´ your science about Tyson being or not being GOAT...

Lando is a rookie, stop your dream about him being unbeatable or some kind of P4P candidate. He´s learning the game.

Just stop and organize youir thoughts.

What the fuck are you talking about? I am honestly confused. When did I ever call Lando unbeatable or a p4p candidate? In fact my whole point was about how he is a microcosm for the idea of flashy finishes against inferior opponents being overrated.

You seem to have some serious issues with reading comprehension and I recommend re-reading our discussion.

Not to be insulting but is English a second language to you? Because that is the vibe I am getting.

What the fuck are you talking about? I am honestly confused. When did I ever call Lando unbeatable or a p4p candidate? In fact my whole point was about how he is a microcosm for the idea of flashy finishes being overrated.

You seem to have some serious issues with reading comprehension and I recommend re-reading our discussion.

Not to be insulting but is English a second language to you? Because that is the vibe I am getting.
Me no gud inglish... me ueiting for ya to put Groovy,No Rush, SRR, Tyson in te sami post.

Tanks

Me no gud inglish... me ueiting for ya to put Groovy,No Rush, SRR, Tyson in te sami post.

Tanks

Well here, let me put all of them in the same post in a way that makes sense to non-morons.

SRR and GSP were both long reigning champions who beat the best of the best in their weight classes for many years. Because of their strength of schedules and consistency they are considered amongst the all-time greats of their sports.

Fighters like Lando or Tyson show absolute offensive brilliance against overmatched opponents, but because of various deficiencies in their abilities or mindset were never able to beat the best of the best consistently in their respective sports.

Well here, let me put all of them in the same post in a way that makes sense to non-morons.

SRR and GSP were both long reigning champions who beat the best of the best in their weight classes for many years. Because of their strength of schedules and consistency they are considered amongst the all-time greats of their sports.

Fighters like Lando or Tyson show absolute offensive brilliance against overmatched opponents, but because of various deficiencies in their abilities or mindset were never able to beat the best of the best consistently in their respective sports.
tanks. gud inglish ind brilant cience, u kno wat u talk aboute

tanks. gud inglish ind brilant cience, u kno wat u talk aboute

You sure I didn't call Lando a P4P great again?

Because you didn't understand my point in any of my other posts. I don't know why you would understand now.

Back