Fooking Interim Belts

Interim Belts should be the last very resort, these days they are far too common <codychoke><Dana05>

Similar to WWE, it’s the Intercontinental belt of the UFC.

Interim Belts should be the last very resort, these days they are far too common <codychoke><Dana05>
tenor.gif

you get an interim belt and you get an interim belt, fuck it interim belts for everybody.

<Moves>

Similar to WWE, it’s the Intercontinental belt of the UFC.

Great post here is your prize.

apicpbypn__68516.1519958713.jpg

but i am going to take it away from you in two months so don't get too attached

Great post here is your prize.

apicpbypn__68516.1519958713.jpg

but i am going to take it away from you in two months so don't get too attached
Not if I cash it in at the next PPV event.

If used well I think they can be pretty cool but granting them only to strip them a few weeks later makes them pointless. Should be used in cases where a division is helped up by an injury prone champ or one who moves up a weight class or something like that. Should only be used when there is a reasonable expectation that the interim champ will have to defend his title before the real champ returns.
You get 90 days to unify or its gone
Why? To me it seems like the whole point of an interim belt is that its used in cases where the actual champ is expected to be out for a while so that the division can have a clear challenger when he comes back. If you know that the interim champ will be able to fight the real champ without having to defend his interim title first why even have the interim belt in the first place? Why not just have a standard number 1 contender match?

They only made that fight an interim title fight to try and build some excitement for a card that wasn't going to do well. It didn't work and the belt was meaningless. Who cares?

If used well I think they can be pretty cool but granting them only to strip them a few weeks later makes them pointless. Should be used in cases where a division is helped up by an injury prone champ or one who moves up a weight class or something like that. Should only be used when there is a reasonable expectation that the interim champ will have to defend his title before the real champ returns.

Why? To me it seems like the whole point of an interim belt is that its used in cases where the actual champ is expected to be out for a while so that the division can have a clear challenger when he comes back. If you know that the interim champ will be able to fight the real champ without having to defend his interim title first why even have the interim belt in the first place? Why not just have a standard number 1 contender match?

<seedat>

Last edited:
Back