Floyd: 'MMA is for whites who can't box'

Is an Olympic wrestler a fighter?

What makes a boxer a fighter but an arm wrestler a mere strongman?

IMO, Yes. Wrestling, Olympic, greco roman, that to me, is fighting.

I've never really had to think about whether or not an arm wrestler is a fighter. I can't tell if it's a good question or a stupid question. I guess you could say it's a fight between arm strength and technique.

Regardless, boxing, arm wrestling, MMA, Judo, and fencing, are, depending on how deep your understanding of what fighting really is, are really just pretend fights where fans like to have pissing contests over which is real and which isn't and it looks like it all started because Conner got his ass beat in a 1/4 of a fight boxing match.

Last edited:

I've never really had to think about whether or not an arm wrestler is a fighter. I can't tell if it's a good question or a stupid question. I guess you could say it's a fight between arm strength and technique.

Regardless, boxing, arm wrestling, MMA, Judo, fencing are, depending on how deep your understanding of what fighting really is, are really just pretend fights where fans like to having pissing contests over which is real and which isn't.
It appears you haven't had to think about many things.

It appears you haven't had to think about many things.

You are correct. I've never really had to think too much about what a real fight is because it's pretty obvious.

But, talking to you guys about how MMA is light years ahead of arm wrestling, but not even close to reality is a fun way to pass time.

I'd like to know how a boxer defends leg kicks and suplexes.

Fancy footwork?

I'd like to know how a boxer defends leg kicks and suplexes.

Fancy footwork?

Just watch the Ali vs Inoki spectacle. It's about 40 years old and shows how a boxer deals with kicks.

Based on your question, I'm guessing there is a big and wonderful world of experimental fighting out there for you to enjoy.

Feel free to ask more because I might know some fun examples.

Regardless, boxing, arm wrestling, MMA, Judo, and fencing, are, depending on how deep your understanding of what fighting really is, are really just pretend fights where fans like to have pissing contests over which is real and which isn't and it looks like it all started because Conner got his ass beat in a 1/4 of a fight boxing match.
If you consider a boxer a fighter, and a wrestler a fighter, then you should consider an arm wrestler a fighter.

If boxing was fighting, they'd call it fighting and the word 'boxing' would have literally no reason for being created.

If UFC wasn't fighting they would be legally prohibited from promoting it as fighting.

If you are thinking an arm wrestler isn't a fighter because they only train for and use a very limited method, then that logic also applies to a fists only boxer.

Last edited:
If you consider a boxer a fighter, and a wrestler a fighter, then you should consider an arm wrestler a fighter.

If you are thinking an arm wrestler isn't a fighter because they only train for and use a very limited method, then that logic also applies to a fists only boxer.

OK. Then from hence forth, arm wrestlers shall now be respected as fighters.

Maybe Conner should go there next so we can continue educating arm wrestling fans, boxing fans and MMA fans, that their combat sport of choice, regardless of how many moves allowed, is still just a simulation that does not reflect reality.

OK. Then from hence forth, arm wrestlers shall now be respected as fighters.

Maybe Conner should go there next so we can continue educating arm wrestling fans, boxing fans and MMA fans, that their combat sport of choice, regardless of how many moves allowed, is still just a simulation that does not reflect reality.
I actually can't take you seriously if you think arm wrestlers are fighters

<{Heymansnicker}>

An arm wrestler vs an MMA fighter.....who wins.

No weapon usage.

Hmmmm.... I'm stumped. It doesn't say which form of non-reality based fight simulation the arm wrestler and MMA fighter are engaged in.

Hmmmm.... I'm stumped. It doesn't say which form of non-reality based fight simulation the arm wrestler and MMA fighter are engaged in.
I edited that post.

To answer your question though.....let's have them battle in a large desert . The winner gets a cold can of sprite.

The boxer would break a beer bottle and say now we're fighting.

It could happen. Hopefully shit like that never gets that's far because that's when fights get real and ugly and a boxer or MMA guy might never have expected that and decides to panic wrestle.

I don't like violence. As much as we are aware of violence and real fights, I prefer watching when they are treated as sports with professional athletes like in boxing and MMA.

Last edited:
Like Conner said... some of you guys are still stuck in this paradigm of fighting where you think fighting is what you see on MMA
The "my art is best for real fighting" was already beating a dead horse in the early 80s. Now, just as 30 years ago, it exposes deep-seated insecurities and a sense of mystery, wonder and misconception about about "real" situations. People often (not always) cling to the idea that there is a "best" form of fight training for "real" fighting. Although MMA training is excellent for covering many technical bases -- obviously many more than boxing -- MMA as a sport is optimized heavily for a particular rule-set. Although its less restrictive than boxing, it requires you to spend more of your time doing things that may be of little or no use in real situations. So, without criticizing MMA in any way, I agree that some people are obviously confusing MMA with real fighting. Here is a good thought experiment: imagine you are pissing at a urinal in a small bathroom and two guys attack you from behind. How will you defend? My experience is that this situation heavily favours boxing over grappling or even kickboxing/MT. So, in this case, boxing may actually be "better" than kickboxing even though kickboxing is "more real" in terms of rules.

It could happen. Hopefully shit like that never gets that's far because that's when fights get real and ugly and a boxer or MMA guy might never have expected that and decides to panic wrestle.

I don't like violence. As much as we are aware of violence and real fights, I prefer watching when they are treated as sports with professional athletes like in boxing and MMA.
Hydrogen bomb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back