Floyd Mayweather: "my wrestling on a scale from 1 to 10 is a 7"

your brother is not floyd.

You logic is flawed. You failed to see the point. I know this is Sherdog, but damn, at least try to improve it.

Anyway, the point was if a person (it doesn't have to be my fucking brother, it could have been YOUR UNCLE) with the credentials I stated was only about a 5, HOW THE FUCK WOULD SOMEONE WHO JUST STARTED BE A "7" ALREADY?

Ok.
let me start by saying that I don't dispute that Floyd, if he had chosen to be an MMA fighter instead of Boxer, he could have been MMA GOAT.
but he didn't.

Actually he spent a lifetime honing his boxing skills, and they don't translate to MMA well.
The reason they don't, is because Floyd does not have to mind someone taking his back, or kicking his legs out or taking him down, etc. it is just something he is not conditioned to do, and something that is VERY HARD to change after a lifetime in boxing.

You could see this clearly when he fought Conor.
Multiple times throughout his fight, Conor moved to take Floyd's back. he did this on reflexes alone.
And Floyd never defended... why? because it is something he never had to even think about.

Look, if that helps, I thought the same thing about Lesnar. a huge guy, great wrestling base, strong and FAST (for his size).
IMO he could have been GOAT. But alas, he couldn't get hit in the face and keep coming. And that is only because he was not used to.

I will give you more: if Lesnar/Floyd would come and start at the bottom, they would probabbly climb up and become top fighters.
But they are too big, too famous for that. So they won't.
And as it is, that is their undoing.

make sense?

Bruh ... just keep it simple: 1000 people => 1000 different opinions.
<Fedor23>

I love brock, he could have been an olympic level wrestler if he had worked a bit harder on his technique. But he still was fooking beast.
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

but lesnar is nothing like floyd: floyd is not only strong, fast and has incredible reflexes, high fight IQ, one of the best adaptors, but he is also a fucken hard worker.

just for you: its all on paper, but unlikely.
coulda ... woulda ... shoulda
<Fedor23>

Wrong- boxing does not have the most useful carry over to MMA. Wrestling without a question. Floyd missed the boat in MMA no chance of being a top contender. That being said incredible boxer and has made a fortune...

<DisgustingHHH>

i said boxing or wrestling.

anyway ... believe whatever you want.

You logic is flawed. You failed to see the point. I know this is Sherdog, but damn, at least try to improve it.

Anyway, the point was if a person (it doesn't have to be my fucking brother, it could have been YOUR UNCLE) with the credentials I stated was only about a 5, HOW THE FUCK WOULD SOMEONE WHO JUST STARTED BE A "7" ALREADY?

<escalate99>

floyd bless you

Since he's an "A-Level Athlete" his wrestling is whatever he feels it should be after "only 6 months of training" right?

I wrestled D1 for 4 years and I would hardly rate myself a 7/10. Floyd is probably a solid .01/10. He's old and just started "training." I don't care how athletic you are, wrestling is technical as hell

lesnar has done everything almost only with pure strength.

Back