Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao - Who wins?

I feel that the longer the fight goes on, the better Floyd's chances are. If Manny wins, I see it happening early on...

Mayweather by UD

I have Manny winning this fight. I've always had Manny winning this fight.

Floyd has trouble with pressure fighters. He has three highly disputed wins against guys who applied pressure. While Pacquiao likely won't apply the same kind of pressure Maidana and Castillo did, he will give Floyd fits and he's in a different league than either of those guys.

Somehow I read pac as cro cop in a couple of posts.

Anyway pac dec.

Problem?

Floyd has trouble with pressure fighters. He has three highly disputed wins against guys who applied pressure. While Pacquiao likely won't apply the same kind of pressure Maidana and Castillo did, he will give Floyd fits and he's in a different league than either of those guys.

3 highly disputed wins against what pressure fighters? I can't think of 3 disputed fights on Floyd's resume.

I actually think he excels against most pressure fighters. Coralles, Hatton, Cotto, Guerrero, Canelo, all applied pressure and he made fairly easy work of them.

If there is something that Floyd might struggle with, I believe it is speed. I don't think Floyd enjoys or excels in match-ups against guys who have speed that is equal to or greater than his own.

Im expecting him to say one of those "highly disputed" wins is Maidana 1.

At which time I will giggle.

Im expecting him to say one of those "highly disputed" wins is Maidana 1.

At which time I will giggle.

Maybe Maidana 1, DLH, and Castillo?

If those are his choices, I disagree with him. I think Castillo is the only disputable win on his resume. I think most fighters have at least 1 disputable win if they have over 40 fights.

If those are his choices, I disagree with him. I think Castillo is the only disputable win on his resume. I think most fighters have at least 1 disputable win if they have over 40 fights.

Those are probably the choices but Id only argue Castillo.

Somehow I read pac as cro cop in a couple of posts.

Anyway pac dec.

Problem?

That prediction is reasonable and I can't yell about it. This is a problem for me.

Those are the three I was talking about. I thought Castillo clearly won the fight and the other two could've gone either way. The DLH fight was awful but I thought Oscar did enough for the win.

And I'm far from the only person with this opinion. Don't know why some of you guys are acting like it's so insane.

I am surprised people saw de la Hoya winning that fight. I never thought that fight was close, and the judge that scored it for Oscar wasn't watching the fight.

Rewatching it now. Kind of different how I remember it lol. Floyd knew he needed to win in front of the judges eyes so he optimized his style not only to win the fight the way he knows but also to make Manny look less effective than he really is. And a lot of it is how Floyd fights from the ropes.

Can't recall if he does this with other fighters but he initialized clinching against Pac. He did this too when he got hurt by Mosley but for Manny he clinched just when Manny was picking up steam in the first few rounds. He also ducks low and charges at Manny with his shoulder almost like setting up a double leg to stop attacks from Manny.

Floyd's pinpoint sniping was impressive as hell. Also his pivoting.

Floyd seemed to know that the early tactics would not work for the entire fight because it relied on some very high energy strafing and he began let Pacquiao tee off while he was on the ropes. He also seemed to rely on winning the first three rounds before he did this. I recall hearing Bernard Hopkins in an interview saying that Floyd needed to set a pattern in the first few rounds to execute a winning strategy.

Round 4 was Pac's due to Floyd settling back to his Philly shell stance. Floyd must have studied what made Pacquiao frustrated against other fighters like backing up and shifting and not letting Manny get in range, clinching as well after an exchange.

Again Floyd displays something he does not usually does like backing while sticking his left hand at Pac's chest or shoulder to prevent him from advancing. 6th round Floyd seemed to overhook Manny's right arm in the clinch briefly. This seems to be an inflection point of a fight. Manny doesn't look like he was committing full whenever he punches with the right, even when he had Floyd backed into the ropes and was teeing off with his shots.

As Manny stated, he carried a nagging right shoulder injury to the fight and must've hurt it sometime BEFORE Floyd overhooked it. I think Floyd sensed that Manny hurt his right shoulder and did the overhook to check if it really was hurt. Towards the end of the round Floyd's body language was way more confident than it was. He backed himself at the ropes and threw many jabs, seemingly to test if Manny's shoulder was hurt, which it was. Floyd started taunting Manny almost saying "I know your right shoulder's hurt".

Even Floyd Sr.'s instruction after round 6 seems more relaxed, he knew Floyd Jr. already knew what he needed to do to win, which was keep doing what worked and exploit Manny's injury.

Round 7 Floyd confidently attacking. Again something he not usually does, but this time with really long looping right hands. Floyd wasn't jabbing much in the first few rounds but is now doing the pawing type of jab to exploit the injury. Then, starts throwing the left hook counter which must be like quicksand for Pac at that point.

Last edited:
Rewatching it now. Kind of different how I remember it lol. Floyd knew he needed to win in front of the judges eyes so he optimized his style not only to win the fight the way he knows but also to make Manny look less effective than he really is. And a lot of it is how Floyd fights from the ropes.

Can't recall if he does this with other fighters but he initialized clinching against Pac. He did this too when he got hurt by Mosley but for Manny he clinched just when Manny was picking up steam in the first few rounds. He also ducks low and charges at Manny with his shoulder almost like setting up a double leg to stop attacks from Manny.

Floyd's pinpoint sniping was impressive as hell. Also his pivoting.

Floyd seemed to know that the early tactics would not work for the entire fight because it relied on some very high energy strafing and he began let Pacquiao tee off while he was on the ropes. He also seemed to rely on winning the first three rounds before he did this. I recall hearing Bernard Hopkins in an interview saying that Floyd needed to set a pattern in the first few rounds to execute a winning strategy.

Round 4 was Pac's due to Floyd settling back to his Philly shell stance. Floyd must have studied what made Pacquiao frustrated against other fighters like backing up and shifting and not letting Manny get in range, clinching as well after an exchange.

Again Floyd displays something he does not usually does like backing while sticking his left hand at Pac's chest or shoulder to prevent him from advancing. 6th round Floyd seemed to overhook Manny's right arm in the clinch briefly. This seems to be an inflection point of a fight. Manny doesn't look like he was committing full whenever he punches with the right, even when he had Floyd backed into the ropes and was teeing off with his shots.

As Manny stated, he carried a nagging right shoulder injury to the fight and must've hurt it sometime BEFORE Floyd overhooked it. I think Floyd sensed that Manny hurt his right shoulder and did the overhook to check if it really was hurt. Towards the end of the round Floyd's body language was way more confident than it was. He backed himself at the ropes and threw many jabs, seemingly to test if Manny's shoulder was hurt, which it was. Floyd started taunting Manny almost saying "I know your right shoulder's hurt".

Detailed and well thought out reply. Also Manny's team asked before the fight for a cortisone shot for the shoulder injury, and Floyd's team denied the request. So they knew beforehand.

However go fuck yourself for opening up this can of worms again.

However go fuck yourself for opening up this can of worms again.
8h3G.gif

Don't legitimize the shoulder injury, there will be much crying.

wow great fight finally we will get the questions answered.
fight of the century.
pac is coming bang bang up the middle.
money strugles with southies and hes bulgered in this one!

Back