Flooring for home setup

akatsukix

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Going to finally have some space for a mat and bag... Hooray. I'll have a 6' x 12'

Mostly stand-up but my kids are doing some BJJ now so that may become something (obviously the narrowness isn't awesome then).

So now what would be ideal for flooring? This will be going over cement (or it can go over the hard rubber that will be covering the lifting area)

1. I watched the Gracie video on how they make their flooring. And it looks perfect for that purpose. Would it work for stand-up? Looks like there is a lot of slack on that vinyl layer to catch toes.

2. Zebra Pro looks promising, but I like the lack of seams on the Gracie vinyl solution.

3. Dollamur Flexi-Roll also looks good. Flexi-connect looks good to prevent dirt buildup in the seam to the floor.

One additional thought was to maybe have a velcro canvas top made out of ring material. Would be pretty sweet to have the same surface to train on.

Curious to hear others opinions on this. Those Flexi-Roll mats look pretty good, I'm curious how durable they are. Keep us posted.

Back